SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Picture book to read at event

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region northtexas
I am appearing at a book fair as "The Story Fairy".  (I am a sight to behold with my tutu, blue beehive wig, fairy wings, and army boots.) Can you suggest  a picture book based on a fairy tale  to read aloud while the illustrations from a book are projected on a big screen?  Thank you!
#1 - March 01, 2012, 07:45 PM

Margie Palatini has some great ones, like GOLDIE AND THE THREE HARES or GONE WITH THE WAND.
#2 - March 01, 2012, 08:22 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Great suggestions!  I especially like the title 'Gone with the Wand." 
#3 - March 01, 2012, 08:37 PM

KNUCKLEHEADS by Joan Holub is full of goofy takes on fairy tales, with really funny illustrations.
#4 - March 02, 2012, 06:41 AM
SWAY, 2012 from Disney-Hyperion
CIRCA NOW, 2014 from Disney-Hyperion
http://www.ambermcreeturner.com
https://www.facebook.com/SwayByAmberMcReeTurner

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Scribblegirl - just popping in to say I love that you're the "Story Fairy." And I'm secretly kinda jealous.
Jean
#5 - March 02, 2012, 06:58 AM
Jean Reidy
Coming soon: Pup 681, Truman, When the Snow is Deeper Than My Boots Are Tall, Group Hug , Specs and Specs II.
Others at www.jeanreidy.com

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Thank you!  This is my first time as the Story Fairy. The character is very quirky.  I wear army boots because my wings don't work properly, and I have to walk everywhere!  I 'll also  do a very klutzy dance and get dizzy and fall down. I'm allergic to fairy dust and sneeze when I throw it in the air...lots of physical comedy and then I read the chosen book. I love to perform for children!
#6 - March 02, 2012, 07:53 AM

Members: