SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

signing in

Discussion started on

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Request ... since you are still doing board upgrades ...

I used to be able to sign in and out with just a click because the computer remembered my name and password, but for the past couple of years I have to type in my password all the time. AM said it was due to a board upgrade.

I would prefer not to be signed in forever, because that makes me look like I procrastinate forever ...

Vijaya
#1 - April 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
BOUND (Bodach Books, 2018)
TEN EASTER EGGS (Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

Creator of Mootastic Art and Children's Books
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro
Vijaya, if they can't fix it, try the Curve theme. It doesn't show how long you've been logged in. To see that info, you have to go to your profile page. It makes it much easier to ignore how much time I've been on (even though some of it is because the board window was open for a while w/o me actually being on the boards - doesn't account for all of it, but I do that a lot, so it makes me feel better about the procrastination factor).
#2 - April 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
Site - http://sruble.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/StephanieRuble

picture book: EWE AND AYE (now available as an ebook!)

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
That MIGHT be able to be changed in your profile... you might be able to turn that feature on or off regardless of your theme. (Or maybe I have to do it globally... I'm not sure which.)
#3 - April 27, 2012, 04:00 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
So I went through my entire profile to see which buttons I should be fiddling with, but I don't see anything about signing in and out ...

Maybe it's a good thing I have to log in and out ... because when I'm on deadline, just that extra step helps me to not procrastinate as much to reply to threads. And I'm on deadline now ...  we should have a button where Verla can ban procrastinating people for two weeks or two months so that they can get their work done on time.

Vijaya

#4 - April 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
BOUND (Bodach Books, 2018)
TEN EASTER EGGS (Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Is there a box that let's you tick it to sign in forever kind of thing?
#5 - April 27, 2012, 04:30 PM
The GILDED series (Skyscape/ACP)
www.ChristinaFarley.com
Twitter @ChristinaFarley

Members: