SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

The Official EARLY RISERS and NIGHT OWLS Club

Discussion started on

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning,

Vonna, glad to see that you are making progress.  I did make some progress over the weekend.  What writing workshop are you applying to?  I wish you luck with that. 

Darshana, good luck on your PB revisions.  For me, today I have to tutor, do some school work, and revise a PB book.  Have a great writing day all.
#361 - September 03, 2013, 05:45 AM

Luv2eatreadwrite

Late checking in this morning.  I've been up working on three projects.  Have any of you ever worked with A Pass Educational? Perhaps I will PM Ev.  Have a great writing day all.  I will check back after noon.  Thanks!  Happy Writing All!
#362 - September 04, 2013, 07:25 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
Checking in to say I'm not checking in again until around the 15th due to 1) continued pollen attacks and 2) vacation! See you-all mid-month!
#363 - September 04, 2013, 07:53 PM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Boo to the pollen and ya to the vacation, Anne! Have a good time!
Luv, I'm applying to a weekend workshop with Francisco X. Stork at the Writing Barn in Austin TX. The workshop is in November. I'm anxious because I didn't get an acknowledgement of my application and sample pages but I'll give it a little longer before I contact the organizer. Good luck on the three projects you are working on!
#364 - September 05, 2013, 04:06 AM
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:57 AM by Vonna »
http://www.vonnacarter.com
twitter @VonnaCarter

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Checking in.
#365 - September 05, 2013, 05:04 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good morning!
#366 - September 06, 2013, 04:08 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good morning again.
#367 - September 07, 2013, 04:12 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning:

I have not checked-in in a few days, but it does not mean I have not been working.  I have been working hard not on ms, but on "auditioning" for A Pass educational.  So I hope to work on picture book ms today after I finish doing school work.  How have you been Vonna? Darshana, have you made any progress with the revisions? Well I wish you all a happy writing day.
#368 - September 08, 2013, 01:23 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Glad you checked in, Luv2. Good luck with A Pass!  :goodluck

I got into the Stork workshop, hurray!  :hurrah: Of course, now that I've written the first three chapters of the WIP I want to bring in both first person and third person (settled on third), I'm worried I've written it from the wrong character's POV. So I'm rewriting it today.  :thinktoohard:
#369 - September 08, 2013, 06:04 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Luck with your rewrite.  I applied with A Pass, but they sent me a sample for writing test item after seeing my resume.  It has been a while since I did that so now I am trying to get back in the mindset.  Hope all is well and happy writing all!
#370 - September 08, 2013, 08:57 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good morning! Still on the rewrite.  :hamster  Got to get it in the best shape I can for critique tomorrow.
#371 - September 09, 2013, 04:16 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

Hi Vonna and all the other writers,

Good luck with the rewrites.  I have to tutor today, take a culinary arts class at 4, and revise a PB book.  Happy writing to all.
#372 - September 09, 2013, 05:02 AM

Luv2eatreadwrite

Hello All:

Good morning!  Just got my  :coffee3: and now I am ready to roll.  Will be cleaning up some manuscript and hope to get them in the mail today. Happy writing all  :sun
#373 - September 10, 2013, 05:20 AM

Luv2eatreadwrite

Hello Everyone:

This is my second cup of  :coffee3:.  Been up for a while and I started a second project.  Creating a blog and website for the Common Core Standards for teachers.  I was talking to a teacher at the library and she was stressing out about the new standards.  So we got to talking and I was like since I lived and taught in many states, I should share some of my ideas.  So let's see where this goes. Anyway, happy writing to all.
#374 - September 11, 2013, 04:06 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
I'm here, getting a bit of a late start. Your new website project sounds great, Luv2!
#375 - September 11, 2013, 06:33 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Books for Young Readers of All Ages :)
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Good morning, all! Everyone sounds busy and productive, and I need to be, too.  It's time to dig into pb revisions and subs before we leave again in two weeks. Time to limber up the fingers!
Aloha,
Tori :palmtree
#376 - September 11, 2013, 07:11 AM
CALVIN'S LAST WORD, Tilbury House 2021
LITTLE CALABASH, Island Heritage 2020
SECRETS IN TRANSLATION, Fitzroy, 2018
and 28 more..
@ipapaverison

Luv2eatreadwrite

Thanks Vonna,

Let's just hope it does not keep me from doing what I need to do. :lol5
#377 - September 11, 2013, 07:34 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Good morning everyone! School kicking into gear knocked the wind out of me this week, but I'm adjusting. I've put the current WIP aside to work on seasonal poetry for the Children's Writer contest. It's a nice change of pace. Someday, somewhere, perhaps I'll actually win something!

Have a wonderful Thursday. :star2
#378 - September 12, 2013, 04:20 AM

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning all:

Hello JFriday, I was actually thinking I should work on that poem today as well.  Happy Writing All!
#379 - September 12, 2013, 06:24 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Good morning from hot CA!  Now I have to warm up the keyboard, as well.....
Happy writing, everyone!
Aloha,
#380 - September 12, 2013, 07:23 AM
and 28 more..
@ipapaverison

Luv2eatreadwrite

Hello Tori:

It is hot here in Florida as well - 92 degrees to be exact.  I wish I could just go back home and get in my bed.  But I have to work and I have class at seven.  Happy writing all.
#381 - September 12, 2013, 08:23 AM

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning all....

Great news!  I saw the advertisement for the all day twitter pitch yesterday.  So I participated before going class.  I woke up this morning to a twitter notification from an agent who wants me to query her.  That was a nice surprise. 

Anyway, I have to brush up on my ms.  So I need to get to it.  Happy writing all!
#382 - September 13, 2013, 05:32 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Good morning from a (temporarily) cool CA -- headed to 104 today -- meep! It'll be a good day to write.
I wish all of you a happy and productive day -- and luv2, congrats on the pitmad request! :)
Aloha,
#383 - September 13, 2013, 06:46 AM
and 28 more..
@ipapaverison

Luv2eatreadwrite

Thanks, Tori!
#384 - September 13, 2013, 12:37 PM

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning:

Hope all is well with each of you.  I hope and pray  :crossedfingers that today I can get some work done  It would really be nice. Happy writing all!
#385 - September 14, 2013, 04:56 AM
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 04:58 AM by Luv2eatreadwrite »

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good morning! I'm here to, hoping to get some writing done this morning then going to a book signing this afternoon.
#386 - September 14, 2013, 05:57 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Good morning, fellow toilers!   :coffee3: :coffee3: :coffee3: Just a bit of work, here, before I head off for an outing.  I got some revisions done yesterday -- yay!
Aloha,
#387 - September 14, 2013, 06:25 AM
and 28 more..
@ipapaverison

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good morning all:

How are we all doing today.  I hope to get some writing done after I am finished with my school work. I think I will do that first.  Happy Writing to All!!
#388 - September 15, 2013, 07:13 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
 :oops Forgot to check in this morning. I started on a 250 word synopsis I'm supposed to write for a workshop, but by the time I had 250 words, I'd only covered two chapters. So I just kept going.  :giddyup I like to send a full synopsis to my agent anyway. Eventually, I'll get a 250 word version. Taking a break now, but will be writing again later this afternoon.
#389 - September 15, 2013, 10:05 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good morning; still on the synopsis.   :snail
#390 - September 16, 2013, 04:04 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Members: