SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

The Official EARLY RISERS and NIGHT OWLS Club

Discussion started on

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning all:

I have a long day ahead of me.  I am not sure I will get any writing done, but I am surely going to give it a try.  How are you Vonna? Happy Writing All!
#391 - September 16, 2013, 04:27 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good morning! Getting closer on the synopsis. Yesterday, I made it to the midpoint in only 234 words, but I think I'll need more than 16 words to make it to the end. Writing and cutting, writing and cutting. Hope everybody else has a great day!
#392 - September 17, 2013, 04:18 AM
http://www.vonnacarter.com
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning All:

Well, it is another day in writer's land. I hope to make some progress. I am not sleeping well. So I've been getting a lot of migraines.  I hope this day is stress-free, migraine-free, but not word-free.  Happy Writing All!
#393 - September 17, 2013, 05:49 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Ta-da! 250 word synopsis--done!  :carrot
I shall celebrate with blueberry pancakes for lunch.  :grin3

Luv2eatreadwrite, I'm sorry to hear about the sleeplessness and migraines.  :press: I'm also sorry to say, I've been going through that myself for a couple of weeks, though my doctor says mine are not true migraines; they're tension headaches. Whatever. It's still feels like :!
#394 - September 17, 2013, 09:39 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

thanks, Vonna. I have to learn to write a synopsis and a query.  Since I am new to this writing process, it is a lot to learn.  But I will get there.  Congrats on the completion of your synopsis.  WTG :proud :gogirl
#395 - September 17, 2013, 10:26 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Congratulations on the synopsis, Vonna! Those things are awful to write. Hope you liked your pancakes.

And I hope everyone has a productive and enjoyable writing time this morning.
#396 - September 18, 2013, 03:59 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good morning! Thanks for the pats on the back, Luv2eatreadwrite and JFriday. I'll let it breathe for a day or two before I send it off along with the first 14 pages of my wip.

I hope everyone has a great writing day, and if you can't be writing, I hope whatever else you are doing is fun.
#397 - September 18, 2013, 04:32 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning All:

Vonna, I cam glad you are making progress on your WIP.  Today, I have to do class work.  I have to write 2 essays in APA Format.  I only write MLA, but you have to give the people what they want. Then I have to do two research powerpoint on Professional Organizations.  Then I have to complete a study guide for a test tomorrow.  And I have some scenes in my head I wanted to put on paper.  This will he a long day.  Have a great writing day all.
#398 - September 18, 2013, 06:03 AM

Books for Young Readers of All Ages :)
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Good morning, fellow writers!   :coffee3: Vonna, congratulations on your synopsis!
Time to work on a new pb idea....
Happy writing, everyone!
Aloha,
Tori :palmtree
#399 - September 18, 2013, 06:51 AM
CALVIN'S LAST WORD, Tilbury House 2021
LITTLE CALABASH, Island Heritage 2020
SECRETS IN TRANSLATION, Fitzroy, 2018
and 28 more..
@ipapaverison

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
I'm baaack. Great vacation but I'm still not quite up to dragging myself out of bed at 6 a.m. Today I slept right through my alarm. The good news is that the pollen index is waaaay down so the energy is returning, AND my agent likes the chapter I spent most of August revising. So I'm still in the game. I wasn't sure how that was going to play out. So...I'll try to meet you guys here earlier tomorrow! (I've been up for 3 hours--just busy with $$$-generating writing as opposed to on-spec).
#400 - September 18, 2013, 08:27 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
G'morning! AnneB, I'm glad you had a great vacation AND got good news from your agent about your chapter. And boy, it's super to have that  :dollar generating work!

Good luck on your new pb concept, Tori!  :clover

Not sure what I'm going to work on today. I know what I want to work on, and I know what I ought to work on. And then, there's something I should do for a friend. I'll be a heel if I don't, so I'll probably do that. Maybe I can do all three?  :tornado
#401 - September 19, 2013, 04:40 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning All:

Light day today.  Hope to get some writing done.  Happy Writing All!
#402 - September 19, 2013, 05:42 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Good Morning from a *bit* cooler CA to all! Vonna, love the dervish (can I borrow it?) and AnneB, happy the pollen count won't get in your writing way.  Luv2, how nice you have a light day today!
Happy keyboarding and musing, everyone!
Aloha,
#403 - September 19, 2013, 06:33 AM
and 28 more..
@ipapaverison

Luv2eatreadwrite

Thanks, Tori, same 2 U!
#404 - September 19, 2013, 07:23 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
Belated message to say that I slept through alarm again. I think the issue is that I turned off the "vibrate" function on my phone and my pillow's swallowing the "Good Morning" ring! Will try again tomorrow to meet you here before sunrise Central USA Time! (I don't want to up the volume because then I'll be one of those annoying people with a loud ringtone.)
#405 - September 19, 2013, 04:58 PM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good morning, all. Tori, you're welcome t the dervish anytime! I wasn't much of a whirlwind yesterday after all though. My computer's operating system is old and  :snail (still running Vista) and things got really frustrating yesterday. I did not do all the things. :(
#406 - September 20, 2013, 05:00 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

Hopefully today will be much better for you, Vonna.  Good Luck with your writing today everyone.  I hope to finish a manuscript.
#407 - September 20, 2013, 05:28 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
Vonna, may a new laptop with a contemporary OS be in your future.

Tori, I've been on vaca and not paying attention to the weather anywhere but where I was. A late September heat wave isn't usual for your part of the country2, is it?

Luv2, glad you're making progress!

Figured out the alarm problem. I had set it for "once" instead of "daily." (darn newfangled phone!) So... maybe tomorrow I'll be up when I intend! Very productive day yesterday in spite of the late start.

#408 - September 20, 2013, 06:10 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Good morning, all! I just sent off a query (love slashing the synopsis to 300 words -- ugh!) and hope all is well with everyone.  Yes, AnneB, our heat wave lasts about five months, here! :) Vonna, I use Vista on my laptop, too; it works all right for me.  Our Microsoft Surface has Windows 7 and 8, and it makes me crazy to toggle back and forth on it. Luv2, hope you finish the ms.
Happy writing, everyone!
Aloha,
#409 - September 20, 2013, 06:14 AM
and 28 more..
@ipapaverison

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Good luck on your query, Tori!

I wish I could say the same for Vista on my machine, but it gets slower with each new app I install.  I kinda hate to get a new laptop, Anne. This one is enormous and weighs about fifteen pounds, but I love my huge screen, especially when I'm working on graphics. Oh, and I'm also having a possibly fatal issue with the server for my website. It will be a weekend of working out computer problems.

But first! I'll write awhile, then go to a PB launch for a friend in the morning, then a YA launch for another friend in the afternoon. It's pouring rain here  :rain which usually means a poor turnout for book events, I want to be there early so it doesn't look like no one's going to show up. Then I have to take my 15 yo son shopping for something to wear to his homecoming dance--his usual camo-cargo shorts and graphic tee won't cut it.

Glad you got your alarm problem figured out Anne!
#410 - September 21, 2013, 06:01 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
G'morning.  :coffee
#411 - September 22, 2013, 04:30 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning All:

I am checking in.  Hope all is well.  Hope everyone enjoyed a great weekend. Happy writing to all.
#412 - September 23, 2013, 05:29 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
I hear you, Vonna, about the reluctance to move to a new computer. New technology takes quite a bit of time getting used to and is as distracting as a new kitten in the house (although rarely as cute, and these days, not nearly as warm on a winter day).

Folks, I'm temporarily withdrawing from the Early Risers Club. The body won't cooperate and I don't need any more "failure" in my life just now, so I'm moving the alarm back from 5:45 AM to 6:30. See you again at this location in spring, maybe?
#413 - September 23, 2013, 07:31 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Good morning, morning crew! Haven't been here for a while. Anne, sorry to see you leave. Getting up at 6:30 sounds early enough to be in here to me, if you want.

Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday.
#414 - September 24, 2013, 03:57 AM

Luv2eatreadwrite

Good Morning All:

I am here, though I am soak from all the rain.  Have a happy writing day!
#415 - September 24, 2013, 07:06 AM

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Have a nice mini-hibernation, Anne. Maybe a couple of hours of extra sleep over the winter will make you feel like a spring chicken.  :chickendance

Good morning, everyone. Writing time!
#416 - September 25, 2013, 04:30 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Hi, All,

I know, I know, it's afternoon, but I'm grandbaby wrangling and then we're off for an extended trip, but please know that you'll all be in my thoughts and hopes for good writing time.  AnneB, I know things will even out for you, so have a good rest.

Aloha to all my fellow writers,
#417 - September 25, 2013, 03:18 PM
and 28 more..
@ipapaverison

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
 :coffee3: + writing. G'morning.
#418 - September 27, 2013, 04:04 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Admin Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
My website seems to be working again, so this morning I'm trying to catch up on blog posts and updating the agents and editors at conferences pages. I hope everyone has a nice day.
#419 - September 28, 2013, 04:12 AM
twitter @VonnaCarter

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Good morning. Going to revamp a contest entry to submit to a mag today. Off to work on it. Happy writing, all!
#420 - September 30, 2013, 03:45 AM

Members: