SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

How does your preschooler "help" you?

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
I love this thread! It reminds me of all the funny things my boys did and said when they were small. For you Star Wars fans out there, the little one was always super into Lego Star Wars. But somehow he got it in his head that Count Dooku was actually, Aunt Dooku (pronounced like "AW"). So for years, in my head, I've called him Aunt Dooku. Today they are playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii and I hear this, "You be Count Dooku." The baby talk is gone. wah...   :lol2
#31 - June 28, 2012, 09:27 AM

I thought of another thing - my four-year-old cut my two-year-old's bangs (VERY SHORT.)
She claimed that the two-year-old asked her to.
#32 - June 28, 2012, 12:17 PM

ghoulinpajamas

Mine likes to "help" brush the dogs teeth with her brothers toothebrush.
#33 - June 28, 2012, 03:08 PM

xC0000005

NOOOOOOO!!!! The only way this toddler can redeem herself is if you write a PB about it.
Vijaya

The last picture book I wrote for my kids ("Where does meat come from?") is now forbidden to enter the school.  Combine that with the fact that my artistic skills are about on level with stone age hunter gatherers and I don't think that will happen.  There's this moment of absolute terror when you get up and get some coffe, and think "wow.  That water looks cloudy.  Wow.  That looks like an empty milk carton....<recognition>."  Like a rocket taking off, the thought steadily builds in your mind as you watch dark shapes flit back and forth in the milky blue. 

The ashes thing, on the other hand.  "How far away were these ashes from Mount Saint Helens?"  Me "Two thousand, eight hundred and fourteen miles."  Him "It fell that far away?"  me.  "No.  He grew up in Sugarland."

Ah, picture books.  The closest I've come is "Santa-pede," about a centipede bringing christmas in july.

To get back on topic, let's add giving each other permanent marker tattoos.  On the face.  The day before school pictures.  My children looked like they were trying out for "Supermax: K-6th edition".
#34 - June 28, 2012, 03:48 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
xC - I love it! I totally want my kids to be friends with yours!  :biggrin:
#35 - June 28, 2012, 03:54 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
The last picture book I wrote for my kids ("Where does meat come from?") is now forbidden to enter the school.   

LOL! My husband told his sister as they were eating a steak.... "So, how do you like Ralph?"
Ralph was not technically a pet, but they did get to know and love him before he ended up as a steak.

Ah, picture books.  The closest I've come is "Santa-pede," about a centipede bringing christmas in july.

Santa-pede sounds like such a cute book ... and why don't we have Christmas in July?

Vijaya

#36 - June 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
BOUND (Bodach Books, 2018)
TEN EASTER EGGS (Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

I thought of another thing - my four-year-old cut my two-year-old's bangs (VERY SHORT.)
She claimed that the two-year-old asked her to.
You'll relate to this then! Two little girls explaining why the 5 year old cut the three year old's hair off: http://www.prx.org/pieces/73865
#37 - June 29, 2012, 06:11 AM
http://twitter.com/rachelgrinti
CLAWS, Chicken House 2012
JALA'S MASK, Pyr, November 4, 2014

Thanks, Rachel. My two girls weren't quite so hilariously articulate about the whole thing!
#38 - June 30, 2012, 08:21 PM

I got a new one for you -- my kid will bring you dishes and bottles if he sees you washing them. My wife was pre-washing a few things so he helpfully dumped his food on the table and brought her his plate.
#39 - July 04, 2012, 04:31 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
 :yuk:
Dunking a cup into the toilet to get me a drink of water?!..luckily I saw where it came from!
#40 - July 05, 2012, 05:58 AM
Mary Munson

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region arizona
The 3 year old making sure the toddler doesn't get into something by pushing him down and laying on him until Mom gets there.
#41 - July 05, 2012, 10:45 AM
www.Facebook.com/MythRiderBook
- 4RV Publishing, April 2015
NO MORE MR. DAWDLE (Caramel Tree, April 2015)
UNGLUED (Caramel Tree, June 2015)

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
Ha, Kurtis!
Eww, Write4kids.
Clever kid, CLK.

:)
#42 - July 08, 2012, 01:34 PM
PRUDENCE, THE PART-TIME COW, A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK, BUSY BUS series, EMERGENCY KITTENS, and more!
Twitter @jodywrites4kids

Members: