SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

A Little Help Please...

Discussion started on

W4HP

Okay so, I'm writing and illustrating my first picture-book! :star2 and I was wondering if a couple of people might be interested in lending me a hand by becoming part of my art/illustration team. I would only ask for tips, suggestions, advice, and perhaps a bit of positive reinforcement if earned for the illustrations that I'm planning on drawing myself. I sadly can't offer any compensation at this time. I would appreciate it you'd please prayerfully consider becoming a part of my team. Thanks...W4HP 8)
#1 - August 03, 2012, 09:35 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region britishisles
It sounds as though you're asking for critiques? Although I'm not sure. If someone were part of your team, wouldn't they also write or illustrate?

Most people swap critiques (via the critique boards here or via acquaintances/friends/colleagues) or are part of a critique group and swap stories/illustrations between each other.

Apologies if I misunderstood... but if you are after critiques, you'd be better off posting in the critiques section. Good luck!
#2 - August 03, 2012, 01:09 PM

Hi W4HP,

I think you might already have a "team" just by being on the blueboards.

I'm very, very new, but from looking over old posts and in my own short time here, I've seen that if you have a question or need some general advice, the folks here are very willing to help.

I posted my portfolio on the URL board and got loads of helpful comments there.  Pretty soon, I'll have some specific pieces I need feedback on, and I'll post to the critique board when those are ready. 

I've seen people post the most random questions about what they are writing on the research board and get lots of replies.  Those are fun to read and respond to.

Anyway, everyone here is super nice and if you put a specific question out there, I'm sure someone will try to answer.

Good luck with your book!
#3 - August 04, 2012, 01:15 PM
If you don't try, you have no chance at all. - Carole King
Every day's a good day when you paint. - Bob Ross

www.tatumhartillustrations.com

Members: