SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Free Illustration Classes on Cartooning?

Discussion started on

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
This was in my FaceBook email. I know NOTHING about it except what you see here. Be sure to check it out carefully before you register if you want to participate. Since I'm not an illustrator, I felt compelled to share it with all of you who ARE illustrators. :)

This is going to be an awesome FREE event for illustrators/writers and it is going to lead by amazing industry professionals. You should come, you should tell your friends. If you can't make it in person you should watch online in high def in real time.

Click the link for details and to register
http://goo.gl/c2Mpz

The program is presented free to the public through the courtesy of the Southeast Chapter of the National Cartoonists Society, and ZaPow Gallery.

Registration is required.

Here is a quick run down...

The key note speaker will be Andy Smith, well known for his work for both Marvel and DC comics (as well as many other publishers), who will be presenting a program on “Getting Into and Making Comics” from 11 am until noon.

“Managing Your Visual Property and Copyrights” from 10-11 am.

“Contract Basics” followed by a question and answer period to cover the advantages of having a standard contract ready to offer to potential clients, from 1-2 pm.

“Cartooning on an iPad” from 2-3 pm.

“Basics of Writing Comics” (with an emphasis on the psychology behind comics storytelling) from 3-4 pm.
#1 - August 10, 2012, 10:10 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Official Shenaniganizer
Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
That sounds awesome, Verla! Thanks for sharing!
#2 - August 10, 2012, 10:13 PM
THIS LITTLE PIGGY (AN OWNER'S MANUAL), Aladdin PIX June 2017 :pigsnort
KUNG POW CHICKEN 1-4, Scholastic 2014 :chicken

http://cyndimarko.com
@cynmarko

stacebee

:thankyou
#3 - August 11, 2012, 08:16 AM

Sarah C. Pilon
Member.
Poster Plus
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing, Verla. I wish I lived closer. 
#4 - August 11, 2012, 04:09 PM

Illustrator
Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region arkansas
Thanks for sharing, Verla!  I checked out their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/StudioZaPow) and then posted the information for other artists also into comic book art and illustration that might not have heard about it otherwise.
Wish i could go, but I'll be checking out the streaming video bits as I'm not close enough to attend either.
 :azn:

- t
#5 - August 12, 2012, 12:14 PM

Children's Illustrator / Author
Member.
Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
 I did registar and watched the cartoon / illustration workshop live on Zapow's website - it was very helpful and inpsirational....   Hopefully they will do it again - wonderful Illustrator / Cartoon Gallery too  -I highly recommend Illustrators check it out - www.zapow.net    Thanks for sharing Verla!  :artist1:
#6 - August 27, 2012, 02:18 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Yay, Chris. Glad it was helpful.
#7 - August 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Members: