SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Newspaper operations in Weimar-era Munich

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
All right all you fellow history buffs, I've got a big challenge for you!

I'm currently awaiting first pass pages for my debut and am trying to use the down-time constructively by working on my next book. But I have hit a bit of a road block in the research department. I need to find some resources (primary would be AWESOME!) discussing newspaper operations in Weimar-era Munich. I suppose anywhere in Germany during that time would be fine, but Munich-based papers would be beyond great. I'm trying to find out if young boys (12&up) played any roles in newspaper operations during this time--either in the printing of the paper or as a newsboy, etc. I have discovered a couple of references to newsboys, but I'd really like to back those references up further as this would be a large plot point in the story. If any of you could point me in the right direction, I would be ever so grateful. Google and book searches have been well exhausted on my end. Thank you so very  much! 
#1 - August 11, 2012, 12:01 PM
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 12:14 PM by lgolden »
EVERY DAY AFTER--Delacorte Press/Random House Children's Books, June 11, 2013

Web: www.authorlauragolden.com
Twitter: @laurapgolden

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
Marissa,

I do realize this should've been posted in the "RESEARCH" category. I apologize for the trouble in moving it.  :embarrassed2 I promise to be more aware of where I'm posting next time.
#2 - August 11, 2012, 06:24 PM
EVERY DAY AFTER--Delacorte Press/Random House Children's Books, June 11, 2013

Web: www.authorlauragolden.com
Twitter: @laurapgolden

Members: