SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Stories for Children Magazine Qs

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Hello - I'm happy to report that I recently signed a contract for one of my poems with Stories for Children magazine for their 2012 Back to School Issue. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to get back to me now? Will I receive a complimentary copy of that issue? Does SFC magazine ever print anything in hard copy format or is it strictly an e-zine? I also am waiting to hear back from SFC on another of my poems - it is in the "phase 2" review (I already made the requested edits). But again I'm wondering how long I should wait before making a status inquiry on it. I asked about it for the second time already in early July. Thank you!
#1 - August 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
MIND YOUR MONSTERS (Sterling, 2015)
HYPNOSIS HARRY (Sky Pony, 2016)
LUCY LOVES SHERMAN (Sky Pony, 2017)

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Virginia will send you an email when the new issue comes out with a link where you can go and download the issue for free.  As far as I know, they do not publish a hard copy, only an ezine.

I've been getting paid a few months after an issue has been published--for example, in February for the Nov issue, in March for the Dec issue, in April for the Feb/Mar issue, in July for the Spring issue.

I don't know about response time on subs.  I sent a puzzle on 6/26/12 when submissions first re-opened and have not heard any response on that.

Best wishes to you and congratulations on your poem acceptance.
#2 - August 15, 2012, 01:44 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Thank you!! That is very helpful.
#3 - August 15, 2012, 01:51 PM
MIND YOUR MONSTERS (Sterling, 2015)
HYPNOSIS HARRY (Sky Pony, 2016)
LUCY LOVES SHERMAN (Sky Pony, 2017)

Members: