SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Main Menu Box

Discussion started on

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region cencal
Is there some way I can turn off the box on the left that says "Main Menu."  I really like it in some ways, but it gets in the way of seeing member's names and avatars.  Also, there's no way to move it.  I have a smallish screen and I think that's probably part of the problem.  Thanks.
#1 - October 05, 2012, 07:17 PM
www.ellenjackson.net
PICKY EATERS
OCTOPUSES ONE TO TEN
THE MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSE
THE BALLAD OF BOOSTER BOGG
BEASTLY BABIES
TOOLING AROUND

If you click on the arrow right next to "Main Menu" you can make some of it roll up, but not go away completely. I'd suggest switching to another theme if you don't like the sidebar. I think we still have Curve available that has the sidebar's information up top like you're used to.
#2 - October 05, 2012, 07:35 PM
Robin

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region cencal
Sorry to be so dense, but I don't know how to do that.  Where is "Curve" located?  Thanks!
#3 - October 05, 2012, 07:47 PM
www.ellenjackson.net
PICKY EATERS
OCTOPUSES ONE TO TEN
THE MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSE
BEASTLY BABIES
TOOLING AROUND

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
Betsy, go to your profile, click on Account Settings, then click on Modify Profile/Look & Layout.
#4 - October 05, 2012, 07:51 PM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Betsy, to change your theme, do this.  If you have a hard time, I can change it for you (this is from a thread in the News board):

If you are really having severe problems with this new theme, go into your profile and change your Look & Layout to the Curve theme.

To change your theme, do the following:

Click one time on the word "PROFILE" in the Main Menu on the left of your screen.
You should see PROFILE INFO in bright red at the top of your screen. Next to it is MODIFY PROFILE. Hover over Modify Profile, scroll down and click on LOOK AND LAYOUT.

The first item on the list should be CURRENT THEME. Click the word, CHANGE, next to the name of the theme you are using (ClickSafe Pro-SideBar). Click USE THIS THEME on the theme you wish to use.  (SMF Default Theme CURVE is the alternate theme that is available at the moment.)

Be sure to click the CHANGE PROFILE button at the bottom of your screen to save the new theme.

Any time you wish to change to another theme, you can do it using this same process.
#5 - October 05, 2012, 07:54 PM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I changed your profile, Betsy.
#6 - October 05, 2012, 08:11 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region cencal
Thank you so much, Verla!
#7 - October 07, 2012, 09:57 AM
www.ellenjackson.net
PICKY EATERS
OCTOPUSES ONE TO TEN
THE MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSE
BEASTLY BABIES
TOOLING AROUND

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
I'm glad you asked, Ellen.  My monitor must be smallish as well.
#8 - October 07, 2012, 01:44 PM
PRUDENCE, THE PART-TIME COW, A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK, IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, BUSY BUS!, EMERGENCY KITTENS!
Twitter @jodywrites4kids

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Me too!  Glad you asked--I've got "old age eyes," and need large text, yet, if I zoom in, the little box runs into the other threads.
#9 - October 07, 2012, 02:26 PM

Members: