SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

PHP Problems

Discussion started on

Just had the following message show when I tried to reply to a post.

Any idea what this is?

Error 403: Forbidden
Your PHP settings have been disabled by an H-Sphere administrator.

Your current PHP configuration:
-->
This configuration was changed:
Please bring your PHP configuration in compliance with admin settings or request your administrator to re-enable support of your settings.

You don't have permissions to access this page. This usually means one of the following:

this file and directory permissions make them unavailable from the Internet.
.htaccess contains instructions that prevent public access to this file or directory.
Please check file and directory permissions and .htaccess configuration if you are able to do this. Otherwise, request your webmaster to grant you access.
#1 - November 29, 2012, 11:14 PM

Official Shenaniganizer
Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but myself and a few others have experienced problems with longer posts containing, of all things, too many ellipses. We've also noticed that searches bring a similar error code if you use punctuation in the search terms. Maybe try posting again with a simple reply and see if it will post? If you still get an error let us know and we'll try to figure it out.
#2 - November 30, 2012, 12:06 AM
THIS LITTLE PIGGY (AN OWNER'S MANUAL), Aladdin PIX June 2017 :pigsnort
KUNG POW CHICKEN 1-4, Scholastic 2014 :chicken

http://cyndimarko.com
@cynmarko

My post was just a simple one sentence reply to Verla about smiles.  It didn't happen with this thread. No problems at all, so I guess all is okay now.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Brian
#3 - November 30, 2012, 12:20 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I've found it happened to me when I used a word that the board decided (all by itself!) wasn't an appropriate word for the board! When I took out that one word, my message posted just fine.... (And it wasn't a bad word, even.) :werd
#4 - November 30, 2012, 03:58 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

You mean I was censored? Oh my!

:grin3

#5 - November 30, 2012, 08:28 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
New!
Apparently, Brian. :censored2 (And if it makes you feel better, so was I!)
#6 - November 30, 2012, 09:16 AM
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:20 AM by Verla Kay »
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Members: