SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Magical Allergies

Discussion started on

I'm trying to make sure my plot holes are properly patched and have been researching magical allergies since a friend pointed out a very obvious hole that I'd (stupidly) missed.  So, I'm exploring whether fairies are allergic to other metals that don't contain iron and any other allergies they might have.

In addition, what about witch allergies?  I know there are multiple schools of thought here, but I'm interested in all of them. 

:thanx:

B
#1 - February 06, 2013, 11:33 AM
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:48 AM by Bunnynut »

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region florida
Since fairies are fictional creatures, you get to decide what allergies YOUR particular fairies have. There are so many kinds of fairies, ranging from sweet/helpful tiny creatures to fierce/dangerous human-sized fairies (Under the Green Hill). It's your story and your fairies -- you can make them allergic to whatever you choose.
 :star2 :star2 :) :star2 :star2
#2 - February 06, 2013, 01:05 PM
Ten Clever Ninjas (picture book, Clear Fork Publishing, 2019)
Butterfly Girl (middle grade novel, Clear Fork Publishing, 2019)

Twitter: @kidlitSarah

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
What ButterflyGirl said--your book, your world, your rules.  If you want to use the traditional aversion to iron, go ahead--or if you don't want to, you don't have to.  Or make one up of your own--have fun!!
#3 - February 06, 2013, 01:08 PM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Members: