SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

The Walk

Discussion started on

Has anyone read "The Walk" series by Richard Paul Evans? It's a series of 3 book, but I hear a 4th is coming.

I loved the first thee and hated to see them come to end. Evans doesn't have a single cliff-hanger, but just by his rich style he makes the reader need to read on to find out what happens to the MC.

It's a great series and I'm anxious for vol. 4.
#1 - April 03, 2013, 02:42 PM
Come join my novel writing journey where I often offer writing tips at www.paulwwest.com, and find my novel Bridgetown High set in Crockett, Californi

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
Yes, Verla, I am reading "The Walk". The first one got me hooked and I know every spring to look for the next one. Last week I pre-ordered it on my Kindle. It's coming out May 5th or 15th. . .I don't remember exactly. Looking forward to it though!
#2 - April 03, 2013, 05:45 PM

Just FYI, and thanks for the response, but I'm not Verla - rather Valona. But I can see why you'd get confused. Maybe I need a new moniker.
#3 - April 04, 2013, 01:14 PM
Come join my novel writing journey where I often offer writing tips at www.paulwwest.com, and find my novel Bridgetown High set in Crockett, Californi

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Oops. Just poor reading on my part. Thanks for the correction!
#4 - April 04, 2013, 02:10 PM

Yes, Verla, I am reading "The Walk". The first one got me hooked and I know every spring to look for the next one. Last week I pre-ordered it on my Kindle. It's coming out May 5th or 15th. . .I don't remember exactly. Looking forward to it though!

I talked to a sales clerk at Deseret Book and she led me to believe the next volume is supposed to come out in April. I hope she's right, but now it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.
#5 - April 08, 2013, 03:12 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Hi Valona,
Did you get your copy yet? Mine popped up on my Kindle on Monday. Haven't read it yet - I'm juggling so many other books right now, but hopefully will get to it soon!
#6 - May 15, 2013, 01:15 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
I hadn't heard about this. However, call me a purist jerk long-distance walker, but the idea that he DROVE across America as research for a book about WALKING across the country seems lame. Particularly given that people have actually done it. If you like this book (I'm not saying it's bad at all! I'm interested, actually), you might be interested in this REAL experience by a kid who did much the same thing, for real, and captured his experience on audio. A short version was on NPR a couple of weeks ago and can be found on their site; there's also a longer version, and I think both are linked here. They are AWESOME.

http://transom.org/?p=33988
#7 - May 15, 2013, 10:12 PM
The Farwalker Trilogy
The Humming of Numbers
Reality Leak

www.jonisensel.com

Members: