Illustrator Mentorship Opportunity with one of Three Esteemed Illustrators

Discussion started on

Rock of The Westies
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nevada
Hello All,

I'm posting this in the illustrator's section of the board as I know many of you peruse this section exclusively and I was hoping to post the opportunity where it can be seen by artistic eyes.  :grin

Calling All Illustrators!
The Nevada SCBWI Mentor Program Is Accepting Applications to Work with Highly Decorated Children's Artists

Imagine what you could learn from a Caldecott- or Zolotow-winning illustrator! The Nevada SCBWI Mentor Program is offering a once-in-a-lifetime chance to work individually with Zolotow award-winning author/illustrator Jim Averbeck, Caldecott Medal winner David Diaz, or Coretta Scott King and Caldecott Honor winner E. B. Lewis.

If chosen to participate in our six-month mentor program, you will work closely with one of these master illustrators to revise and improve your art. You will also spend time with your mentor in person as a special guest at two retreat weekends, one this October at Lake Tahoe and one in spring 2014 at historic Virginia City.

This is a truly outstanding opportunity to work with one of the most decorated children’s illustrators in the industry.

For more information about the Nevada SCBWI Mentor Program, go to http://www.nevadascbwi.org/Mentor.html  .

#1 - April 16, 2013, 06:08 PM
Fur Balls & Feathers & Fins, Oh My! Animals Are My Kind of People
 www.cynthiakremsner.com

I draw stuff for chocolates.
Poster Plus
Thanks for the head's up.
#2 - April 17, 2013, 05:21 AM
patreon.com/wendymartin
Animal Totem Mandala 2016
The Story Circle 2016 (Piñata)
Color and Conjure 2017 (Llewellyn)

Rock of The Westies
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nevada
Just thought I'd share. I went through the program a few years back with Laurent Linn (Art Director of S&S BFYR) as my mentor. Much of my growth as an illustrator is attributed to participation in this event. If the mentor and "mentee" establish an excellent rapport working through getting the work to it's best, the program is all the better. While you work on assignments, and deadlines, the conclusion of the program gives you the opportunity to present your work to a select industry professional. 

Plus, you meet some great people and establish relationships with other creatives. :grouphug2:
#3 - April 17, 2013, 06:26 PM
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:57 AM by Cynthia Kremsner »
 www.cynthiakremsner.com

Rock of The Westies
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nevada
New!
There are still slots available with award winning E.B. Lewis, award winning David Diaz and award winning Jim Averbeck. The range of styles is vast along with the opportunity to work with someone whose work is close to one that may be similar to yours.  :paint
#4 - May 28, 2013, 04:07 PM
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:06 AM by Cynthia Kremsner »
 www.cynthiakremsner.com

Members: