SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Format for Silent Book Contest

Discussion started on

I plan on submitting my version of Thumbelina to the Silent Book Contest (www.silentbookcontest.com) at the end of January.  I was told this in an email:
 "Please note that the book projects in contest they must be with definitive illustrations in full layout complete with front and back cover with title, no dummy book, and should be sent exclusively as a high quality digital PDF file by the 31st January 2014." I know that you don't turn in a book dummy- you need to turn in completed illustrations including cover/back cover packaged together in the order you would read it (as a pdf).  But is that what "full layout" means? Or are there extra steps to make a "full layout"? I haven't heard that term used before. Yikes! I don't want to work my hiney off to finish this book I love and then submit it in the wrong form and have it disqualified.   :faint If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.  Also, I would love to know if any other illustrators plan on submitting and  hear how your book is going :)
#1 - December 06, 2013, 07:58 AM
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:02 AM by Rachel Parris »

Rachel

I believe you are on the right track. I think "full layout" means they want to see your book not only in order with front/back covers but also with the title, copyright, and end pages included. In essence I think they want to see your submission laid out exactly how it will be when it goes to the publisher. Hope that helps, good luck!

Donald
#2 - December 07, 2013, 01:53 PM

Members: