SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Bologna Children's Book fair portfolio

Discussion started on

HI Blueborders,
for the first time next year my boyfriend and I will partecipate at the Bologna Children's Books Fair.We are so excited.I'd like to ask you some infos about the portfolio. I saw the links about how to create a good portfolio but someone could tell me which is a right dimension for the porfolio? Do I have to create also postcards or only business cards? Is it better to do a business cards with our two names or is better everyone has a different one?
Sorry to post all these questions and thanks for any kind of advice.
#1 - November 06, 2013, 05:11 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region intlcentral
Hi,
How exciting that you will be attending the fair. I'm not an illustrator, but I have some information. I hope more blue boarders will chime in.
I know that large portfolios are discouraged just because the fair gets crowded. Some illustrators bring postcards in addition to business cards. I would suggest separate business cards so that they can be personalized with your own artwork.
Many publishing houses and illustrator organizations set aside time at the fair to view portfolios. Consider traveling between halls when booking appointments (If you aren't on time to appointments, you may not be able to keep the appointment)
SCBWI will have a booth (Showcase) this year --- hope to see you!!!
More information can be found here: http://www.scbwibologna.org/faq.php
#2 - November 06, 2013, 01:40 PM
The Safest Lie in stores now
The End of the Line - VOYA Top Shelf & YALSA Quick Pick
www.angelacerrito.com
FB/twtr/Tmblr AngelaCerrito

Angela thank you very much for your answer. For sure I'll look for you:)
Only one thing I'm not sure to understand,"for 5 minutes of feedback on your portfolio" Do I have to sign up the first day of the fair at the SCBWI stand or from now?
#3 - November 07, 2013, 04:40 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region intlcentral
Hi,
More details should be posted soon about the SCBWI showcase. I can't speak for other publishers / organizations, but in the past at the SCBWI Showcase we asked people to sign up each day in the morning for appointments later in the day.
#4 - December 01, 2013, 04:56 AM
The Safest Lie in stores now
The End of the Line - VOYA Top Shelf & YALSA Quick Pick
www.angelacerrito.com
FB/twtr/Tmblr AngelaCerrito

Thank you,Angela :)
#5 - December 07, 2013, 12:44 PM

Members: