Interesting Painting Book

Discussion started on

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
 :desk: Hi, Illustrators. I'm peeking out from under my desk to share a link with you that I thought you might really enjoy. I did, and I'm not even an illustrator. It's about a book, Painting Your Way Out of a Corner, but it's also a "how-to" video that shows one technique that looked so fun even I wanted to try it! Made me want to run out and buy some paints and a sketch book!  :lol4   Anyhow, here's the link to the page if you are interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kms12bhdwcmljh/Paint%20Your%20Way%20Out%20of%20a%20Corner_final.mov
#1 - December 12, 2013, 10:52 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Official Shenaniganizer
Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
The link said preview failed, but it's probably just not tablet friendly. Excited to look later from my desk!
#2 - December 12, 2013, 10:55 AM
THIS LITTLE PIGGY (AN OWNER'S MANUAL), Aladdin PIX June 2017 :pigsnort
KUNG POW CHICKEN 1-4, Scholastic 2014 :chicken

http://cyndimarko.com
@cynmarko

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
It's a .mov file, Arty, that's probably why. My iPad doesn't do flash type stuff unless I activate an app I put on it. Then it can do them just fine. I discovered recently that it isn't the iPad that can't play flash type movies, it's the browser. Hmm. I wonder if it's possible to download a different browser for those times when I want to watch things Safari doesn't recognize? Probably not. At any rate, I have a program that does it, so I guess I'll just stick with that.  :grin3

ETA:  Just in case anyone is interested, the name of the app I put on my iPad so I could watch videos it couldn't normally see is called:  Photon

#3 - December 12, 2013, 10:59 AM
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 11:08 AM by Verla Kay »
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Official Shenaniganizer
Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
Lol, I've been too busy to spend time figuring out how the tablet works. I can post on the boards and check email from the couch?? Good enough for me.  :grin3

But I'll totally check it out later. You've piqued my curiosity!
#4 - December 12, 2013, 11:11 AM
THIS LITTLE PIGGY (AN OWNER'S MANUAL), Aladdin PIX June 2017 :pigsnort
KUNG POW CHICKEN 1-4, Scholastic 2014 :chicken

http://cyndimarko.com
@cynmarko

Love it! Thanks for posting the link--this video was just what I needed today. Now, off to the mall to tell Santa I want a new sketchbook for Christmas this year...
#5 - December 12, 2013, 11:37 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region britishisles
That was great! I watched it on my ipad safari browser no problem.
#6 - December 12, 2013, 12:47 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
That reminds me very much of Natalie Goldberg or Julia Cameron who advise keep the pen moving ... Thanks for sharing, Vijaya
#7 - December 12, 2013, 02:12 PM
BOUND (Bodach Books, 2018)
TEN EASTER EGGS (Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

Love it! Thanks for sharing :)
#8 - December 13, 2013, 05:02 AM

Rock of The Westies
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nevada
Ooh, I love what she says about risks. A certain ARTist here pushed me out of my comfort zone. And the same suggestion was given to me years earlier . . . but she had a certain amount of tenacity about her.  :mademe :chickendance It was about two years after I went for this change that I got my first contract. I'll have to check this book out in the near future.

Thanks for posting this Verla.
#9 - December 13, 2013, 05:57 AM
Fur Balls & Feathers & Fins, Oh My! Animals Are My Kind of People
 www.cynthiakremsner.com

Members: