Discussion started on

Author Angie Karcher
New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region indiana
  • SCBWI RA
 RhyPiBoMo is coming in April
Rhyming Picture Book Month is a writing challenge for children's writers who enjoy writing poetry and rhyming picture books. I have 35 AMAZING guest bloggers sharing daily wisdom along with lessons on writing poetry and rhyme.

Join the RhyPiBoMo Facebook Group too! Registration opens on March 16th and ends on April 16th. Go to Angiekarcher.wordpress.com/ to register soon. So, join me and learn to write brilliant rhyme and singing poetry! Questions-Angie.karcher@yahoo.com

#1 - March 03, 2014, 11:30 PM
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:58 AM by Angie Karcher »
Author Angie Karcher
The Legendary RA Cowboy Jones
June 2014
RhyPiBoMo Founder
April 2014

Katey Howes
Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Sounds exciting.  I will have to check it out.  Dr. Seuss celebrations at my children's schools, as well as reading Shel Silverstein aloud with my eldest, have put me in a rhyming mood of late - but I'm not sure how to harness it.  Looking forward to the "daily wisdom!"
#2 - March 05, 2014, 09:14 AM

Looks like a lot of fun that I don't want to miss.  I won't forget to sign up on the 16th for this event.   Did you every do A RhyPiBoMo before, or is this the first one?    :whitebunny
#3 - March 13, 2014, 07:03 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Hey, Angie!

I went to your site and registered!  Look forward to the challenge!

Write On,
Rita
#4 - March 29, 2014, 06:50 PM

Author Angie Karcher
New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region indiana
  • SCBWI RA
Hi everyone! I want to remind you that RhyPiBoMo (Rhyming Picture Book Month) starts today. This is a writing challenge for writers of rhyme and poetry. Come on over and check it out. Registration runs through April 16th and there is no cost involved. We have 35 Awesome Guest Bloggers including Jane Yolen and Lee Bennett Hopkins! There are daily lessons on ways to improve your rhyme and poetry skills while staying true to the rules for writing picture books. I hope you will join us!Here is the link:Angiekarcher.wordpress.com/
#5 - March 30, 2014, 02:09 PM
Author Angie Karcher
The Legendary RA Cowboy Jones
June 2014
RhyPiBoMo Founder
April 2014

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
I was away with family all day, but will catch up tomorrow. I've been meter-challenged for a while, and can't wait to see if this challenge will help me figure out how to make the few rhyming PB I wrote that haven't been turned into prose work. At the very least, I'm sure it'll help me critique rhyming picture books better.

Thanks for running this wonderful challenge, Angie!
#6 - March 30, 2014, 09:41 PM

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to read the posts!
#7 - March 31, 2014, 04:58 AM
NED THE KNITTING PIRATE, GRIMELDA series,
CITY SHAPES, DORIS THE BOOKASAURUS, ONE SNOWY DAY, PIZZA PIG, and more...
http://www.dianamurray.com

Members: