SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Finish a draft in March

Discussion started on

Right, so here I am. Again :jump:

My goal for this month is to finish the draft I started last May... 3 chapters in, 9 more to go... it's all plotted, just needs to be written. I procrastinated till now (the reason why you didn't see this thread earlier) but am determined to write a chapter a day (3-4 pages, roughly 1k a day).

R
#1 - March 10, 2014, 12:55 PM
12 books in 12 months! Follow my Chapter Book 12x12 journey at www.childrenswriter.in

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region losangeles
You can do it, writingale! I'm right there with you. Getting close to done with this rewrite, and I'm determined to finish it this month. My goal's about the same, 1k a day. Let's work hard!
#2 - March 10, 2014, 01:04 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Rads, thanks for starting this thread. Feb was rotten on the health front, so I have tons to catch up on:

Polish and send in WIP entry
Rough drafts of 2 NF books
Revisions on historical -- keep at it
Prepare for W2I conference

And that's more than enough to keep me out of trouble.
Vijaya
#3 - March 10, 2014, 05:07 PM
BOUND (Bodach Books, 2018)
TEN EASTER EGGS (Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

Nilaffe & vijaya,
glad to have you as fellow "racers" :). I am not doing too good... Just finished a chapter in the last 5 days.. I had a number of workshops scheduled this month and it has encroached on my writing time a lot (promoting, preparing content etc.)... have decided to cut down on those for another 3 months, since I'm safely half-way my chapter book a month challenge!

Hope you two have fared better than me,

R
#4 - March 16, 2014, 01:03 AM
12 books in 12 months! Follow my Chapter Book 12x12 journey at www.childrenswriter.in

Members: