SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Fun for Kidz contracts

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Does anyone have any stories to be published with the Fun for Kidz group soon? Did you receive a new contract to sign?

I have one story, accepted 4 years ago, that will be published in Hopscotch in August. At the time of acceptance, I had signed their original agreement to publish form. In April though, they sent me their new contract to sign, which I did.

However, I have 3 more stories coming out in Fun for Kidz and have not received any new contracts to sign, other than their original agreement forms. One story is supposed to be in the November issue, so I'm getting a little nervous. Should I expect a new contract or is that just for Hopscotch?

I sent a query but haven't heard back yet.
#1 - July 25, 2014, 08:18 AM
Anita N. Amin
THE LEGACY OF RASHMI BAZAAR (Teacher Created Materials, Oct 2019)

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Starfish, I think the contracts are for all 3 magazines.

Btw, the three Fun for Kidz magazines have also recently changed format and are now full color with slightly larger dimensions but fewer pages. I think they look really good.
#2 - July 25, 2014, 07:58 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Thanks, Ev. I just saw their new sample magazines online and they look great in full color! I was happy to see my story in the Hopscotch sample ("Rainy Days with Dadima" in the Summertime issue).

Regarding new contracts, I guess I just have to wait and see. I wonder though if they sent me the updated contract because that Hopscotch issue is now digital, too.
#3 - July 28, 2014, 08:04 AM
Anita N. Amin
THE LEGACY OF RASHMI BAZAAR (Teacher Created Materials, Oct 2019)

Members: