SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Beekeepers?

Discussion started on

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region austin
Any chance we have any beekeepers on here? Looking to talk to someone who has experience with honeybees. Especially anyone that has relocated them from a dwelling to be brought to a bee farm. Thanks!
#1 - September 01, 2014, 05:22 PM

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region austin
Or know any you can refer me to? One person has contacted me but they don't think their friend has experiencing moving the hives. Thanks!
#2 - September 07, 2014, 01:39 PM

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region austin
And to Rebecca Thanks! I don't think I can reply to your e-mail because I'm new to the boards so if you wouldn't mind sending me your address.
#3 - September 07, 2014, 01:42 PM

I've been active in helping with local hives since writing my picture book on honeybees and have met several state beekeepers. Your state should have regional or local organizers to help answer your relocation efforts, which may vary greatly depending on where you live.

Google your state beekeeper association, and search for the region closest to where you live. Here's an example for PA:
http://www.pastatebeekeepers.org

Good luck!
#4 - September 07, 2014, 06:32 PM
THESE THINGS COUNT! award-winning nature series Albert Whitman
TWIGS (YA)  Merit Press
www.alisonashleyformento.com

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region austin
Thank you Alison! I googled businesses that relocate but I think this org will have much more info on people who might actually help me even if I don't want to hire them. I've already found a meetup group, which I didn't even think about despite being an active member.  :clapping
#5 - September 13, 2014, 01:00 PM

Members: