SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Menu navigation at the top of the page?

Discussion started on

Dionna

I just got a new computer and now there's a large menu navigation at the top of my page when I log in. It's an outline of the Board menu. It continues at the bottom of the page as well, with the board squished in the middle. How do I remove this page formatting?

#1 - September 18, 2014, 06:39 AM

Are you talking about the purple bar at the top? I'm not really following. What did the page used to look like? Can you take a screenshot and post it so we can see what you're looking at now?

If it is the purple menu, I don't think you can get rid of it. Same with the light-colored one at the bottom.
#2 - September 18, 2014, 08:49 AM

Dionna

Hi Kali,

No, it wasn't the purple bar. It looked like a blue page with a written outline of what the board included--like a site map menu--that took up half of the viewing page. But I am happy to say that I figured out the problem. My computer or maybe my browser does not think the encryption on this website is verified and so I had to allow unsafe encryption. When I clicked allow, the site menu disappeared and all the boards appeared on the entire page. However, the https at the beginning of the SCBWI address and the little safe lock became crossed out with a red line. Maybe I have a cyber cop with a red pen living inside my computer??? Suggestions?
#3 - September 18, 2014, 08:54 AM

Reader, reader, reader...
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Glad you solved it :)
#4 - September 18, 2014, 09:25 AM
Robin
Unspun: A Collection of Tattered Fairy Tales: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSR6CPJ/

Happy to hear you got it figured out. Hmm, I know my PC has serious issues with telling me what is or isn't safe. That coupled with my script-block, I end up having to whitelist quite a few things so I can do my regular browsing.

I think if you allow a site permissions, you should be able to add it to a whitelist as well. That way, you don't have this issue again.
#5 - September 18, 2014, 10:54 AM

Members: