SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Help with Blueboard

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region caribbeannorth
Hello.  I still need some help getting around.  I would like to know:

1. Why do I get a lot of old messages, from previous years,  when I want to read posts since my last visit?

2. How do I make an avatar?  I see many lovely ones and don't know how to do it.

3. Why does the Message icon has only the option Current Icon?  Should it be like that?

4. I had another username, but it doesn't appear anymore since the board was changed. Why?

Thanks for your help.  I really want to make good use of the board, but I'm still stumbling about. 
#1 - November 08, 2014, 01:25 PM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Let's see what we can do...

1.  I'm not sure, but it might have something to do with the fact that you have Notifications turned on in your profile.  Follow the directions here: https://www.scbwi.org/boards/index.php?topic=74324.0 and see if that helps...and let us know here if it doesn't.

2. To add an avatar to your profile, read here: https://www.scbwi.org/boards/index.php?topic=65660.0

3. Yes.

4. Were you a member of the Blueboards before it merged with the SCBWI in 2013?  What was your user name?
#2 - November 08, 2014, 03:02 PM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
Zoraida, for your first question, if your asking how to have the most recent messages show up first in a long thread, here's how. Go to Profile in the Home row (starts about 2 inches below the avatar space). Click Profile/Account Settings/Modify Profile/Look and Layout. Scroll down the Look and Layout page and check 'Show Most Recent Messages at Top' and then be sure to scroll to the very bottom of the page and in the lower right corner, press Change Profile.

If you like having the most recent posts at the end of a thread but want to know how to jump to the most recent pages, threads longer than one page have the pages listed across the top of the topic bar; just click on the highest number. In the screenshot I'm attaching (click on it to enlarge) you can see that the thread has 19 pages; the most current are on pp 18 and 19, and the one that was open when I made the screenshot is 19, the page in brackets.

Hope that helps! If not, let us know here and we'll try to figure it out.
#3 - November 08, 2014, 06:19 PM
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:21 PM by AnneB »

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region caribbeannorth
Hello, AnneB and Marissa.  Marissa I couldn't answer your post here the last time, but now it came through.

Thank you both. I'm learning a lot. I was able to make changes thanks to all those suggestions. I think I'll be able to use the board more efficiently.
You've been great.
#4 - November 12, 2014, 07:40 AM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
I'm glad we could help!
#5 - November 12, 2014, 08:23 AM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Members: