Prodigar Art Online

Discussion started on

Writer/Illustrator
Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro
I got a wonderful email this morning from Prodigar, an Artist Agency and Picture Library who represent Artists around the world (prodigar.com). They are interested in representing me. It's always thrilling when someone loves my art. So, now I'm trying to find out more about them. This is a new company located in England. I would love to know if anyone has worked with them or heard of them and hear your experiences. Thanks a bunch!
#1 - December 23, 2014, 09:32 AM
The Mermaid's Gift, Pelican, 2015
Cody and Grandpa's Christmas Tradition, Pelican 2016
Rest in Peace RaShawn, Creative Medicine, 2017

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
How wonderful to have someone interesting in repping your work!  Congratulations!  (I don't know about the other part).
#2 - December 23, 2014, 09:53 AM

I draw stuff for chocolates.
Poster Plus
Link?
#3 - December 23, 2014, 10:32 AM
patreon.com/wendymartin
Animal Totem Mandala 2016
The Story Circle 2016 (Piñata)
Color and Conjure 2017 (Llewellyn)

Writer/Illustrator
Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro
Sorry, I didn't include an active link

http://www.prodigar.com/
#4 - December 23, 2014, 10:34 AM

Writer/Illustrator
Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro
How wonderful to have someone interesting in repping your work!  Congratulations!  (I don't know about the other part).

Thanks! It is great to have someone interested. There are times I think I really suck, so it's always good to get outside confirmation that I don't. :D
#5 - December 23, 2014, 10:36 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Artists always think they suck!  I've just hotlinked your website=You suck not!  Wonderful work.  Chin up.
#6 - December 23, 2014, 11:33 AM

Poster Plus
Run away. There are a number of red flags on their submissions page. They also require everyone to register before even viewing their client artists. Not good. I would copy and paste the concerning wording but the web site won't allow it. That in itself is another red flag.

Their wording is suspiciously similar to the Renaissance Artist Agency and Picture Library that is now out of business. And they came into being at around the same time the other one disappeared in 2013.
#7 - December 23, 2014, 01:45 PM
patreon.com/wendymartin

Writer/Illustrator
Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro
Artists always think they suck!  I've just hotlinked your website=You suck not!  Wonderful work.  Chin up.

Thanks so much! I'm at the high end of the roller coaster today as I also got a signed contract from a publisher to illustrate a picture book. Hmm, I guess I should go and announce that. Thanks so much for your vote of confidence. Always appreciated.
#8 - December 23, 2014, 02:04 PM

Writer/Illustrator
Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro
Run away. There are a number of red flags on their submissions page. They also require everyone to register before even viewing their client artists. Not good. I would copy and paste the concerning wording but the web site won't allow it. That in itself is another red flag.

Their wording is suspiciously similar to the Renaissance Artist Agency and Picture Library that is now out of business. And they came into being at around the same time the other one disappeared in 2013.

Thanks a million, Wendy, for confirming my suspicions. I was not happy to see that I'd have to register just to see the artists they are currently representing. I also was not happy with some of their wording. I really do appreciate you taking the time to help alleviate my angst.

I hope you are all enjoying the holidays.
#9 - December 23, 2014, 02:07 PM

Poster Plus
We gotta look out for each other! Happy holidays to you, too, and congrats on the new book!
#10 - December 23, 2014, 05:11 PM
patreon.com/wendymartin

Members: