SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Postage from US to Canada?

Discussion started on

Caroline

I can't find the thread about postage. I'm sure I saw it here before.  I just checked the USPS site but I can't find a rate without putting in a weight.

Anyhow, how much does it cost to mail a regular letter from US to Canada?

I got my sis-in-law to pick up stamps for me when she was on holidays, only she got me a sheet of 37 cent stamps.  I think that is for local right?

Also, if I put enough postage for the 'rejection letter' (how's that for realistic thinking?) and not the ms, can I assume they will know to chuck it?

#1 - September 26, 2004, 12:12 PM

shelly

60 cents for a regular letter. I don't know if you can make assumptions about whether they'll know to chuck the ms or not. But if the ms is only a few pages, 60 cents will cover it. Also, you can always note in your cover letter that you don't want the ms back.
#2 - September 26, 2004, 12:16 PM
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 12:19 PM by shelly »

Caroline

Thanks Shelly! :)
#3 - September 26, 2004, 12:18 PM

Dystar

Local postage in Canada is 49 cents for a regular letter (I don't know why they don't just go ahead and make it 50 cents).

Note for US people: if you want a letter to come back to you from Canada, you have to use Canadian stamps on the SASE. US ones won't work. (You probably already knew this, Caroline, but I thought I should point it out for others)
#4 - October 03, 2004, 10:14 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
This is a very cool site, guys.  Hope it helps.  It gives you postage from Canada to the United States and gives you a page count and weight (including paper clips, SASEs, etc.).

I've never had any trouble following their charts.

Anne Marie

http://www.mirror.org/terry.hickman/Postage.html
#5 - October 04, 2004, 03:56 AM
BUSY-EYED DAY (Beach Lane Books, 2018)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
VAMPIRINA AT THE BEACH (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Dystar

This is great, Anne Marie. Would you mind posting it in the Helpful URL's section?
#6 - October 04, 2004, 07:55 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I agree, Dy.  This is one message that should be posted on the board twice - here AND in Helpful URL's.  Thanks for requesting this!
#7 - October 04, 2004, 08:46 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Members: