SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Nanette McGuinness to speak at SCBWI Summer Conference 2015

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region japan
Translator Nanette McGuinness will present at SCBWI Summer Conference 2015 in Los Angeles. Her session will be the first translation session at an annual conference, reflecting the new translator member category in SCBWI!

The Art and Business of Translation
Nanette McGuinness, Translator
11:15 a.m., Saturday, August 1, 2015
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, Los Angeles, CA

SCBWI Summer Conference 2015 information and registration:
https://www.scbwi.org/events/44th-annual-scbwi-summer-conference-in-los-angeles/

Nanette McGuinness is translator of two dozen books for children and young adults, including the popular Geronimo Stilton Graphic Novel series, Dinosaurs Graphic Novels, Thea Stilton Graphic Novels, and the recently-released middle grade novels Mystery of the Scarlet Rose (Sherlock, Lupin & Me, #3) and Map of the Passages (Enchanted Emporium, #3). Upcoming in 2015 are: The Cathedral of Fear (Sherlock, Lupin, and Me #4); The Thief of Mirrors (Enchanted Emporium #4); Geronimo Stilton Graphic Novel #16: Lights, Camera, Stilton!; Dinosaurs 3D; and Dinosaurs Graphic Novels #4: Sea Monsters. Nanette is an award-winning opera singer, translator, and author who has performed in ten languages on two continents.  Visit www.nanette.biz.

Avery Fischer Udagawa
SCBWI International Translator Coordinator
SCBWI Japan Translator Coordinator

#1 - April 17, 2015, 09:37 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region japan
A pre-Summer Conference interview with Nanette McGuinness now appears on the Official SCBWI Blog!

Translation at #LA15SCBWI: Avery Udagawa interviews Nanette McGuinness
http://scbwi.blogspot.com/2015/06/translation-at-la15scbwi-avery-udagawa.html

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Nanette's responses to this interview. Check it out!

Best,
Avery
#2 - June 30, 2015, 04:09 PM

Members: