SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Kindle Scout

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region southern-breeze
Hey anyone hear about Kindle Scout?

It seems to be a kickstarter type program created by Amazon. If a book gets enough attention via Kindle Scout, Amazon is promising to publish said book. kindlescout.amazon.com

From the Website:
Review the submissions check-list and start by entering your book title and cover, catchy one-liner and other information. At the time of submission, you will be asked to review and accept the Submission & Publishing Agreement. We’ll take 1-2 business days to review your submission — a little longer if we have a ton — and send you an email once it’s approved for launch.

At the end of your Kindle Scout campaign we will send you an email to let you know if your book has been selected for publication. We will do another internal review to ensure your book is ready for print. If published, everyone who nominated the book will receive an early, free copy and be invited to leave reviews.

I did read a few blog posts that said that it's more difficult that this because of the way the program keeps items and I can imagine Romance writers having an advantage. But in the future this may be a good option for those of us who haven't gotten published yet. I found it from a guy on wattpad who has over 2K followers and 850K reads for his MG Action Novel.
#1 - May 15, 2015, 07:15 AM
The Messengers - Dawn of Shadows (Searching for rep)
blog: josephlstovall.blogspot.com
twitter: @jlstovall4

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Heard of it but don't know anything more than what you've posted here, jlstovall. I'd be really interested to hear from someone who has had direct involvement. Wonder if anyone has blogged about their experience yet?  :eh2

I found it from a guy on wattpad who has over 2K followers and 850K reads for his MG Action Novel.

Whaat? For a MG?  :wow
#2 - May 15, 2015, 07:26 AM
Top 50 finalist, The Launch Pad Manuscript Competition, https://www.tblaunchpad.com/contests/6

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region southern-breeze
I'll see if I can find the info of one person I found that did a blog post.

As for MG ... MG I think can do well on wattpad. Many of the people will read MG. But I've seen books with over 2 million reads and none of them have been MG.
#3 - May 15, 2015, 07:37 AM
The Messengers - Dawn of Shadows (Searching for rep)
blog: josephlstovall.blogspot.com
twitter: @jlstovall4

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Found this from Victoria Strauss, http://www.victoriastrauss.com/2014/10/29/kindle-scout-the-pros-and-cons-of-amazons-new-crowdsourced-publishing-program/

This was written right after the program launched. I have no idea if they've changed anything in their terms and agreement since then.

I wish there was more out there from writers who have done this! Anyone? Bueller? :shrug
#4 - May 15, 2015, 05:14 PM
Top 50 finalist, The Launch Pad Manuscript Competition, https://www.tblaunchpad.com/contests/6

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region intlcentral
I'd like to know more about it too, it sounds interesting...
#5 - August 04, 2015, 01:02 PM

Members: