SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Red Squirrel

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Anyone heard from them lately? Still waiting on my 9/2/14 sub. No response to queries.

I wonder if they're even currently considering fiction. I've heard they're working on some big nonfiction book projects.

Not sure what to do - keep waiting for a response or go ahead and sub elsewhere. In the past they've been a pleasure to work with, so I am torn.
#1 - July 14, 2015, 08:27 AM
Anita N. Amin
RAJA’S PET CAMEL (Cardinal Rule Press, 2020); THE LEGACY OF RASHMI BAZAAR (Teacher Created Materials, Oct 2019) And more in 2020-2021

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region florida
Starfish, until now, I had never heard of them.  I googled them and see they are located in the UK, correct?
#2 - July 14, 2015, 12:50 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Hi Laura,
It is a Chinese literary magazine with offices in China and the U.S.
#3 - July 14, 2015, 04:28 PM
Anita N. Amin
RAJA’S PET CAMEL (Cardinal Rule Press, 2020); THE LEGACY OF RASHMI BAZAAR (Teacher Created Materials, Oct 2019) And more in 2020-2021

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
The editor, Conny, who was located in NYC has been moved to Germany, where they also have offices. She is very far behind on submissions because of the move and an increase in her workload. I copy edit for her and hadn't heard anything since early May, but I received a couple of assignments in July. The company seems to be primarily focusing on non-fiction right now, but I don't think they've dropped fiction completely. I'd send her a nudge letter and see what she says.
#4 - July 20, 2015, 07:42 AM
Twitter: @dvilardi1

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I think you're right, Debbie, that they're focusing on NF right now. One of my critique group friends just got two NF pieces accepted by Conny.
#5 - July 20, 2015, 12:17 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Thanks! Based on this info, I think I will go ahead and submit elsewhere. I did query a couple of times but received no response.
#6 - July 22, 2015, 07:31 AM
Anita N. Amin

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
Starfish, I know Conny still plans to get back to everyone, but I don't know that I'd wait on her either. There are a couple of fact-based fiction stories in this last set I'm working on. So fiction isn't gone, but it may all be on theme.

Good luck with your submissions.
#7 - August 03, 2015, 08:22 PM
Twitter: @dvilardi1

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Thanks, Debbie!
#8 - August 04, 2015, 07:18 AM
Anita N. Amin

Members: