SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Screenplay Heating Up

Discussion started on

Even though this isn't kid lit related, I have a lil news.

http://www.tracking-board.com/exclusive-markerstone-spec-the-man-on-lincolns-nose-heats-up-market-heading-into-the-weekend/

My hubby and I wrote the script together, more than 6 years of work. I am super nervous, worried and scared.

:drinking2 :drinking2 :drinking2
#1 - April 17, 2016, 08:40 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Whooo Hoo!! PJ!! What awesome news!!  :yeah :love5

And I love that you and your hubby wrote this together!!
#2 - April 17, 2016, 08:49 PM
'Vehicle Dreams Series' Running Press Kids
Race Car Dreams 2016
Bulldozer Dreams 2017
Fire Truck Dreams 2018
The Sparrow and The Trees- Arbordale 2015

Thanks, Sharon. I've never been in this position before, so I am keeping my expectations low. The truth is, the companies could all say no and the script fizzles like a wet firecracker.  On the plus side, hopefully, it creates fans of my writing who will be
receptive to other scripts, and I sure have plenty of those. I turned down two producers this week who wanted me to write for free, and my manager put the kibosh on that. He said my days of freebies are over. We shall see. But I sure could use a group hug. I've been up all night with my pregnant daughter, we're afraid she might have food poisoning. Her hubby is going to take her to the hospital, as a precaution.

#3 - April 18, 2016, 04:33 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
 :grouphug2 :grouphug2

Big hugs PJ. I am glad your daughter's hubby is being precautious. I hope all is well with her and the baby.

:crossedfingers you get lots more fans and tons of buzz for your scripts!!
#4 - April 18, 2016, 05:28 AM
Race Car Dreams 2016
Bulldozer Dreams 2017
Fire Truck Dreams 2018

As if we didn't have enough stress!

Stephanie has been sick almost from day one of this pregnancy. Morning sickness that lasted all day and night.
The foods she used to love, she can't stomach. This past month, though, she seemed to be better, when
she had these episodes they passed quickly. This one, no. It could be a 24 hour bug, who knows. But again,
I'd rather be safe than sorry.
#5 - April 18, 2016, 05:54 AM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
PJ!!!  :running :running :running :running I AM SO HAPPY!!!  :running :running :running This is so weird. You popped into my head last week and I was going to email you to see if there was anything new on your end. Now I'm on pins and needles! I'm sending as much luck and good vibes your way as I can muster!!!!  :star2 :star2 :star2 :crossedfingers :star2 :star2 :star2 :crossedfingers :star2 :star2 :star2 :crossedfingers :star2 :star2 :star2 :crossedfingers :star2 :star2 :star2 :crossedfingers :star2 :star2 :star2 :crossedfingers

:grouphug2 For you and your daughter! Hang in there. I had a wicked stomach flu last week, which seemed odd in April.  :grouphug2
#6 - April 18, 2016, 05:57 AM
Top 50 finalist, The Launch Pad Manuscript Competition, https://www.tblaunchpad.com/contests/6

Glad you're feeling better. Last month we had that stomach bug/flu too, I tell you, it's this crazy weather. Last week we had snow and ice, now it's gonna be 78 (supposedly). I'm sure Stephanie will be okay, but you know us Moms, until I know for sure I'll worry.

AS for the other stuff, it's pretty surprising, and totally unexpected. Just to give you a full picture, last week I thought this script was deader than Grant's Tomb because of a competing project. I was heartbroken. Bill blamed himself, of course, but he does that about everything. But the publicity about the other project seems to have propelled ours. As my manager put it, the ones who missed out on that other BBQ, they see this one now and they don't want to miss the party. Still, I'm very realistic, nothing may happen, and I have the next biopic ready to go. A lot of moving parts have to come together to take this to the next level. Sacrificing virgin goats helps too. In fact, I'm running out of goats, virgin or otherwise.  Maybe bunnies?

:bunny2 :bunny2 :bunny2

I'll stick with goats.
#7 - April 18, 2016, 06:18 AM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
 :lol4, PJ. And stay away from my pet bunny.  :uhuh  :grin3

You just never know. So much of this biz is completely out of our control. The publicity is fantastic though!!!  :yay
#8 - April 18, 2016, 06:25 AM
Top 50 finalist, The Launch Pad Manuscript Competition, https://www.tblaunchpad.com/contests/6

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
How exciting! Oh I hope it goes through!!

And for your daughter, I totally understand: I was sick for every single pregnancy, the first from day 7 all the way through to delivery (healthy baby boy). I had two more boys after that, to everyone's amazement. I was sick for them, too, not quite as much, but most of the first half or so. If I got anything down, it often came back up. But all three babies were fine. I looked at it as a means to an end.

I remember gritting my teeth and smiling when other women would say, "Isn't it wonderful to be pregnant? I loved every minute of it. Never felt better." I didn't actually punch anyone, but...
#9 - April 18, 2016, 06:35 AM

Mistress of Mayhem
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Fingers crossed for your script and your daughter. I hope your daughter is feeling better today!!! And hope that your script sells too!

:grouphug2
#10 - April 18, 2016, 06:49 AM
Site - http://sruble.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/StephanieRuble

picture book: EWE AND AYE (Disney-Hyperion)

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
PJ, so exciting!!! Nerve-wracking!!! But what a boost!!! All fingers and toes are crossed for both the script and your daughter. My SIL had very difficult pregnancies but the babies were fine.

Vijaya

#11 - April 18, 2016, 06:53 AM
TEN EASTER EGGS (Cartwheel/Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 40 books and 60 magazine pieces

:congratulations and  :grouphug2
#12 - April 18, 2016, 07:18 AM
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Einstein.

Looks like Baby Audrey is okay. They're still running tests. What a relief.

:yay :yay :yay :stars3 :love5 :yay :yay :yay :truck2 :truck2 :truck2
#13 - April 18, 2016, 08:48 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
 :star2 :stars3 :love5 :goodluck love the good news all the way PJ! :yay
#14 - April 18, 2016, 09:11 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
 :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay
All the good news for PJ!

#15 - April 18, 2016, 09:22 AM
Kell Andrews
www.kellandrews.com
Twitter @kellandrewsPA

DEADWOOD, Spencer Hill, 2014
MIRA FORECASTS THE FUTURE, Sterling, 2016

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
 :yay I am so happy!!' :love5 :love5 I know you must feel like a huge weight just lifted off you.  :grouphug2
#16 - April 18, 2016, 09:40 AM
Race Car Dreams 2016
Bulldozer Dreams 2017
Fire Truck Dreams 2018

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
PJ, wow! So exciting! It sounds like a great script, fingers crossed for you that it makes it all the way!  :grouphug2

And glad to hear baby is okay! I hope your daughter is feeling better, too:)
#17 - April 18, 2016, 11:18 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region florida
 :yay I'm so glad Baby Audrey is okay!!  :love5
Hugs to your daughter--severe morning sickness is miserable! Hope it passes soon. 
Hooray for the awesome buzz about your biopic!  :star2 I followed the link on Twitter, it's a fascinating subject! Best wishes for a beautiful sale soon!!  :stars3
#18 - April 18, 2016, 11:56 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
 :yay Huge congrats on all your good news, PJ. Fingers and toes crossed for your screenplay, your daughter, and Baby Audrey.  :crossedfingers :crossedfingers :crossedfingers
#19 - April 18, 2016, 01:33 PM

Dionna

Happy all is well with baby and mom!
Such an interesting piece of history! And Great Title! Congrats!!  :stars3

Would this be for the screen or a script for the stage?
#20 - April 18, 2016, 01:34 PM

Owl Princess
Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
Congrats and good luck! Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better.  :star2   :star2   :goodluck 
#21 - April 18, 2016, 02:25 PM
ANTIQUE PIANO & OTHER SOUR NOTES
http://decoowlpress.com

Barb  :owl

Blog: http://owlsquill.blogspot.com

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region iowa
Oh, LIMAMA, what a relief about your daughter!  :hi5

And congrats on the project! That's really fantastic--wishing you all the best as it moves forward.
 :goodluck :clover :goodluck :clover :goodluck
#22 - April 18, 2016, 06:20 PM
Learning to Swear in America (Bloomsbury, July 2016)
What Goes Up (Bloomsbury, 2017)
Twitter: KatieWritesBks

Thanks everyone! THE MAN ON LINCOLN'S NOSE is a screenplay, a true story/biopic. This was a labor of love.
#23 - April 18, 2016, 07:27 PM

Members: