SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Response time for Clubhouse Jr?

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region westcentny
Hi everyone!

Back in the second week of October I sent a full ms to Clubhouse Jr. I haven't heard back yet. I've read different response times in two different places: 4-6 weeks and 6-8 weeks. Either way, I've reached 8 weeks.

My question is, does anyone have recent experience with Focus on the Family pubs? Do they generally reply within 8 weeks? Not reply at all? Should I send a postcard requesting the status?

Thanks!
Moriah
#1 - January 10, 2016, 07:27 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oklahoma
Hi Moriah! Have you checked the response times thread? https://www.scbwi.org/boards/index.php?topic=27284.0 I've always gotten a reply from them. I'd give them a little longer. Generally, the more seriously they are taking a manuscript, the longer it takes to get a reply. Also, a lot of magazines are a little slower responding over the Christmas holidays.
#2 - January 11, 2016, 07:17 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
Hi! Thanks for replying. Yes, I found the response times thread shortly after I posted my question. But, since most of the posts were more than a year old, I was hoping for more info. Thanks for your input. I was hoping they are just really considering my article. And, yes, I knew Christmas probably backs things up. I guess I just need to be patient.  :whistle
#3 - January 11, 2016, 01:39 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oklahoma
I checked my notes. I last submitted Sept. 28 and it came back with a personal rejection on Nov. 17. I know how the waiting feels! I'm hoping you get good news soon.
#4 - January 11, 2016, 03:09 PM

www.DellaRossFerreri.com
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region easternny
Moriah,
Have you heard back yet from Clubhouse Jr? I also submitted in mid-October and haven't heard back yet.  :whistle

Della
#5 - March 06, 2016, 03:57 PM
2019 Books: PRECIOUS BABY &  BEEP! BEEP! SPECIAL DELIVERY & HUGGLE WUGGLE, BEDTIME SNUGGLE
+ more in 2020

I just sent Clubhouse Jr., a Halloween story by mail last week.  And I read that the response time is eight weeks.  Also, I sent it at least six months in advance because that is what the guidelines stated to do for seasonal material.  Hope everyone hears back from them soon, and with good news.
#6 - March 07, 2016, 05:50 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
Nope, I haven't heard back. My piece wasn't seasonal. It was an NF article about a real life event. I typed up a status query last week, then my daughter spilled water on my MacBook.  :faint  After drying it out for a few days and having it looked at at the apple store, it's up and running again. So, now I can print and send out a status query.

Although I hate that we're all waiting, it's nice to know we're all in the same boat.

Moriah
#7 - March 10, 2016, 12:41 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Oh good, it's not just me. :) I also submitted to Clubhouse Jr. in January. I followed up with an inquiry and SASE this month. Guess I will cross my fingers and move on to the next project. :) Good luck, everyone!
#8 - April 12, 2016, 11:56 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
This morning I was thinking about the unusual lack of response from FotF on the piece I sent back in October. I also sent a query on it in May. Tonight I received an email from the editor at Clubhouse Jr. She liked my article and had set it aside to research the topic, and it got buried on her desk. She came across it today, researched it, and wants the article, along with a follow-up section to go with it!!!

:yay

Moriah
#9 - July 21, 2016, 06:22 PM

Members: