SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Problems with Twitter -- anyone else?

Discussion started on

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region southern-breeze
So, I went on a long hiatus with Twitter -- just too busy to try and do it and Facebook and my other social media outlets... plus, some private things got in the way.

Recently, I have become more active trying to promote myself and whatnot... well, I cannot for the life of me log into Twitter. The account isn't deactivated. I can log in with my password - but I have two-factor authentication installed, and I never receive the text message. Never. No matter how many times I've tried.

Twitter support seems to be a joke. I've tried four times now to reach out, but they close the ticket because my "email is not associated with the account." Well, the email I signed up with is my official domain email, but it is no longer a hosted email (just a domain forward, but that's another story!) so I can't actually respond with that email, but I can receive all correspondence to it. There seems to be not other way that they'll try and verify my account.

Has anyone else had such abysmal experiences with Twitter? I'm almost thinking it's not worth it... I thought about creating a new account, but I didn't want to lose the 200+ followers I already had... :(

Anyway, sorry for the long rant! It's been a long day  :lol4
#1 - July 22, 2016, 06:47 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wwa
This sounds like a real pain. I haven't experienced anything like it on Twitter, but I know how frustrating it can be to need help and not be able to get it.

My only idea is that you could try emailing support again and say right at the top "I'm writing from an email that isn't associated with my account--please help anyway." If there's a subject line, you could put it there. This would at least give you a small chance to connect with a human being.
#2 - July 23, 2016, 05:31 AM
Twitter: @MelissaKoosmann

Subject line: don't messages pass through cyber eyes, not human eyes??? If so, subject line wouldn't help.

Could you create a new account JUST to contact them about the problem account without closing it?

Ugh. How frustrating!
#3 - July 23, 2016, 06:07 AM
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Einstein.

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region southern-breeze
Thanks for the ideas, both of you! I think creating a new account temporarily may be the best way to get ahold of a person... I do remember there being a Twitter support user you can message and whatnot. Will let you know how it goes!
#4 - July 24, 2016, 08:21 PM

Poster Plus
https://support.twitter.com/articles/107907#

pulled up Twitter support and apparently there is no way to help without old email to access the account. Looks like a new one is your only option.  :grrr
#5 - July 27, 2016, 12:57 PM
Beyond Suspicion, YA Mystery, Poisoned Pen Press, 2015
http://www.catherineawinnbooks.com

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region florida
What you might be able to do from a new account is re-follow the people at the old account and see how many follow back if you tweet that you had a problem with your old account. Good luck!
#6 - July 28, 2016, 08:12 AM
ROYALLY ENTITLED (inspirational/historical YA) and OOPS-A-DAISY (humorous MG) out now.  http://www.melodydelgado.com/

Members: