SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Scrivener for iPad/iPhone

Discussion started on

So, I noticed that Literature and Latte has come out with a version of Scrivener for the iPad/iPhone.  Anyone tried it yet? How does it compare to the Windows version (which is the only other Scrivener I'm familiar with)?
#1 - July 28, 2016, 08:14 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
New!
The iOS version is a mixed bag: ability to sync with a dropbox-held project is nice, but navigation within a project is much more difficult compared to the Win version. As well, cursor placement is problematic, drag & drop is impossible, and text selection is fairly erratic; at times it becomes easier to retype than to move existing text. Not sure it's worth the $20 asking price; given its limited functionality and relative inaccessibility of features compared to the Win (&maybe Mac) version, I'd put its price point at $4.99.
#2 - August 04, 2016, 01:15 AM
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:56 AM by A. S. Templeton »
—————
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
—C.S. Lewis

Admittedly, I know nothing sbout the technology, but I love that Evernote is synced automatically, no matter what device I'm using. I know Dropbox just adds a small step, but it is a turn off.
#3 - August 04, 2016, 07:24 AM
critically-yours.blogspot.com

Members: