SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Fun for Kidz?

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Anyone heard from Fun for Kidz recently? They haven't updated their theme lists in about a year (or not that I've noticed). I haven't subbed there in a while since they only need nonfiction. But I do like their magazines. Hope all is okay with them.
#1 - January 05, 2017, 07:10 AM
Anita N. Amin

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I'm under the impression that they've been using themes and pieces already acquired (including from the discontinued Boys' Quest and Hopscotch). Since that's 3 magazines worth for 1 current magazine, I'm guessing it'll still be a while before they ask for new material.
#2 - January 05, 2017, 08:41 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks, Ev!
#3 - January 06, 2017, 07:43 AM
Anita N. Amin

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
I agree with Ev. They definitely are still open, as last November I was prepping my Magazine Merit Award submission for my Boy's Quest article from February/March of 2016 and I needed an email to confirm the article was published in 2016 for my submission packet. (They don't have the date anywhere on the TOC page!) And within 10 days I received my response. So they seem OK, but it will probably take awhile to use up any articles they had planned to use for the now defunct Boy's Quest and Hopscotch. They actually moved my article, slated for the October 2016 Boy's Quest, to the very last one in February.

Try your hand at nonfiction, Starfish! :-) They are pleasant to work with.
#4 - January 06, 2017, 07:57 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Thanks, dkshumaker! Just checked their website. Old themes removed and couple new themes added: Pets and It's a mystery
#5 - January 24, 2017, 03:44 PM
Anita N. Amin

Members: