SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

March Madness Returns 2017!

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wwa
 :thankyou     http://madnesspoetry.com/write    Yay!!! March Madness returns. Fun contest!!!! for poets. The legendary and incredibly generous Ed DeCaria's gift to rejected, dejected, resigned to being neglected, not to mention ostracized, despised, and basically unrecognized, not to mention annoying! rhyming children’s writers returns in 2017. "Improved," Ed says, but it was already pretty awesome. Deadline to enter is Feb 19th.
#1 - January 21, 2017, 05:01 PM
Carol Samuelson-Woodson

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
LOVE this contest!!! I've been accepted into the challenge twice. I haven't decided if I'll apply this year, but I will definitely follow it! I was excited to see it back after the break last year.
#2 - January 21, 2017, 05:50 PM

Thanks for posting, Carol! I was just about to do the same. (I still may, but I'll let this one ride for awhile.)

To anyone reading, this tournament gives you a chance to show off your poetry chops in front of tons of kids in an exciting atmosphere, modeled after the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament.

I've moved the event to a completely separate domain, www.madnesspoetry.com, and it's going to be an amazing year. ALL KIDS' POETS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. I promise two things: 1) you'll have fun, and 2) like everyone else, you'll almost certainly lose. ;)

Hope to see some of you on the poetry court!

-Ed
#3 - January 22, 2017, 06:10 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region houston
Aha, I just applied and came over here to see if anyone had announced it. And you have! Ed, glad to see the competition is back. Looking forward to it, whether I'm chosen to participate or not.

:clover :stars3 :clover
#4 - January 30, 2017, 12:01 PM
Making metaphors out of molehills for over thirty years.

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
The polls are now open! Sixty-four poems going head to head in 32 challenges. Exciting stuff. Check them out and vote. LOTS of Blueboarders are represented!

http://madnesspoetry.com/matchups
#5 - March 08, 2017, 06:59 AM

Members: