SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

How to Status Query Cricket

Discussion started on

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region swtexas
Cricket says their response time is 3-6 months, which I've generally found to be the case. However, they have been holding onto one of my poems for nearly a year now. They haven't given me any kind of response, it just still says "in-progress." I don't know how to status query on Submittable, and I can't find any email listed on their website for status queries. I hate to just withdraw it if they are actually considering it, but maybe they just forgot about it. Any ideas from those who have been doing this longer? Thanks!
Carolyn
#1 - February 07, 2017, 11:46 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
I status queried them through submittable a few years ago. It was a sub I'd been waiting on for almost a year. I got the auto-reply thanking me for my submission, but no other reply. But, if it makes you feel any better, 9 months after I sent the status query I did get an acceptance! So that was over a year and a half wait...but a happy ending!
#2 - February 07, 2017, 01:31 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region swtexas
Jayca, how do you status query on Submittable? Do you just edit your original letter and replace it with your query? Or do you resubmit it with the title: Status Query? Thanks for your help!
#3 - February 07, 2017, 06:37 PM
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:23 AM by carolyn-leiloglou »

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
I did it like a new submission and put "Status Query for ______ Submission"  (with month/year in that blank) And I attached it again, in case it had gone astray.

Good luck, I hope you hear something soon!
#4 - February 08, 2017, 09:16 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region swtexas
Thanks so much for your help! :)
#5 - February 09, 2017, 07:51 AM

Members: