SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Track changes

Discussion started on

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
 :shrug

Help! Every time I open up my manuscript, the track changes is on. I turn it off, and save as, but it is back on again when I open the document. I can't send it out like this! Anyone?
#1 - March 30, 2017, 06:46 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
When in doubt, I usually turn my computer off and on. Sometimes that confuses the gremlins for a bit.
#2 - March 30, 2017, 06:54 AM
PRUDENCE, THE PART-TIME COW, A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK, IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, BUSY BUS!, THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLED
Twitter @jodywrites4kids

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro
Oh my gosh, this happens to me too! Drives me insane!

Danette
#3 - March 30, 2017, 07:00 AM
THE TROUBLE WITH HALF A MOON
G.P. Putnam's Sons
SSYRA List 2012-2013

SAVING BABY DOE
G.P. Putnam's Sons

http://Danettevigilante.com

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I googled this question (How can I turn off Track Changes in a document?) and came up with the following answer. Hope it helps you!

The constant appearance of tracking information when you open a document is a pain.

It happens because once tracking is turned on in a document you cant turn it off - you can only accept the changes but they are still there

The easiest way is to copy the whole text to a brand new Word document and then save it as a new file.
#4 - March 30, 2017, 08:46 AM
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:52 AM by Verla Kay »
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I just revised my post,  hairaplenty, with a correct answer!
#5 - March 30, 2017, 08:54 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Thanks Verla--I've not had this problem before and I've no idea how the track changes ever got turned on.
I did take a chunk of my novel and make a new file for a contest entry and the track changes did not carry over. I guess if I were to start a brand new document, I would have to check FIRST to make sure the change are not on. So     :werd

Thanks again EVERYONE.    :goldstar
#6 - March 30, 2017, 12:54 PM

Members: