Remote control vehicles?

Discussion started on

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Hi smart BBer's!

Okay so I am looking everywhere for either one of two things 1) a remote control bulldozer WITH a track vs. wheels or 2) a company that will build a remote control toy to my specs (affordably of course).

So far I've not found what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

:thanx
#1 - May 07, 2017, 11:29 AM
'Vehicle Dreams Series' Running Press Kids
Race Car Dreams 2016
Bulldozer Dreams 2017
Fire Truck Dreams 2018
The Sparrow and The Trees- Arbordale 2015

Poster Plus
Immediately what comes to mind is the Thomas and Friends crew. There's a bulldozer character named Byron.

Of course, Thomas figures traditionally move manually along a wooden railway. I see, though, that there's a "trackmaster" system, too, and that a Byron figure is available that way. Still investigating whether it's remote control (unlikely), but will keep chugging away until I learn more.

Here's what I've got so far:

https://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Friends-Sodor-Construction-Bulldozer/dp/B003BS647G

Will keep you posted, Sharon! Best, best wishes!!!!
#2 - May 07, 2017, 01:17 PM

Poster Plus
Oops! I now realize that when you said "tracks," you were referring to tracks on the vehicle itself, not railroad tracks. (Good gravy! Do I have to turn in my MOTHER OF SONS I.D. card now?!)

I might have better news on that front:

https://www.amazon.com/Kid-Galaxy-Construction-Excavator-Bulldozer/dp/B01CNBJX3S/ref=sr_1_6?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1494187609&sr=1-6&keywords=remote+control+bulldozer

The rub is that it's called an "Excavator & Bulldozer" - - not quite resembling your sweet little guy. Maybe you can remove some of the excavator components??? Along those same lines, could you take tracks from one toy and put them over the fittings of a remote control bulldozer with wheels? I know that sounds wonky, but I remember watching my boys do all kinds of remove/replace stuff with their trucks.

Again, best wishes, Sharon!!! I can't wait to see what you figure out!!!
 :stars3

Edited to add: https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Function-Excavator-Construction-Bulldozer/dp/B01KRV8GLQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1494187902&sr=1-5&keywords=remote+control+bulldozer

This one looks better!!!

#3 - May 07, 2017, 01:26 PM
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:29 PM by carrots »

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Thanks Carrots!

The one that you edited and added is the one hubby and I have been eyeing, but he doesn't quite feel right either. I am guessing that we will have to substitute like we did with the toy car since a bulldozer like the one in my book doesn't really exist. I was hoping to find something with a track, but you're right, it is possible that a track could be added. The detail shop that painted the toy car will also be doing bulldozer and they worked wonders with the toy car. So  :crossedfingers

Oops! I now realize that when you said "tracks," you were referring to tracks on the vehicle itself, not railroad tracks. (Good gravy! Do I have to turn in my MOTHER OF SONS I.D. card now?!)

:lol4 You can keep your MOTHER OF SONS I.D. card!! Thanks for your help!!  :hug
#4 - May 07, 2017, 06:58 PM
'Vehicle Dreams Series' Running Press Kids
Race Car Dreams 2016
Bulldozer Dreams 2017
Fire Truck Dreams 2018
The Sparrow and The Trees- Arbordale 2015

Poster Plus

:lol4 You can keep your MOTHER OF SONS I.D. card!! Thanks for your help!!  :hug

Thank you!!!

(And how nifty to have the toy shop folks customize the toy!!! The children attending your readings are very fortunate to see such special props!!)
#5 - May 08, 2017, 05:21 AM

Members: