Dough Knights and Dragon Book Trailer

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
Terrific news! Love the trailer.
#31 - August 07, 2017, 04:52 AM
PRUDENCE, THE PART-TIME COW, A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK, IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, BUSY BUS!, THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLED
Twitter @jodywrites4kids

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ireland
Dee: just watching that for a fourth time. What else is on that list apart from fruit cake, sugar and apple?
#32 - August 07, 2017, 08:27 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Thanks for watching it four times!  :yay  If you mean the ingredients that are cut off toward the right, I'm guessing syrup and eggs but I don't know for sure. As far as on the smaller part, I can see almond, walnut, flour, orange peel, newt, milk, cinnamon (but spelled like a dragon or kid might spell it incorrectly), honey, and nectarine. There are also some numbers and what looks like coffee almond milk?
Are you going to try baking  with those ingredients?  :hungry Let me know how that newt thing goes.  :ew  :dragonchase  :donut2
#33 - August 07, 2017, 09:34 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ireland
Fifth time! :yeah
I was with a dragon myself this afternoon. She's at Summer Camp right now and had to pinch some stuff to make toffee sauce. The ice-cream melted on the way back so she's off to get some more.
That's where I left her.

I'm very self-conscious about my writing. Would kids be interested in that kind of thing?
#34 - August 07, 2017, 10:12 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Yes, we all live with dragons at some time or another.   :dragonchase

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Are you wondering if kids would be interested in seeing all the ingredients on the list? The illustrator chose to make the cover as he and/or the art department saw fit. I didn't supply any illustration notes for it. If you meant something else, please ask again and I'd be happy to answer.

#35 - August 07, 2017, 10:29 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ireland
I can just envisage children asking "what else is on the list?" or "what did the dragon do with the rest of the pastry that lies on its chest?".
My dragon has just failed in her attempt to obey the dragon head's order to carry a liter of ice-cream back to the camp without melting it.
I now have her eating thirty jabenero chilies as punishment. Not the kind of fiery throat she envisaged.

Too daft?
#36 - August 08, 2017, 02:46 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
LOL. Is that dragon of yours going to get "fired?"
#37 - August 08, 2017, 11:41 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ireland
 :wc
That's where I fear she is right now. I've managed to get her from the local town with the assistance of a young girl who is quite resourceful. After being quested to obtain ice-cream and three bars of chocolate all have melted and my dragon campers are sitting around drinking milkshakes.
Not quite as grand as the adventures your characters are having, I fear.  :envy :lol5
#38 - August 08, 2017, 12:02 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region easternny
WOW! WONDERFUL!!!
#39 - August 08, 2017, 07:45 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ireland
WOW! WONDERFUL!!!

Thanks. I think I sometimes "physically" get carried away in my brain with my characters. I just hope it doesn't sound anything like yours.
#40 - August 09, 2017, 12:00 AM

Members: