SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Frustration

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
 :bewildered Hi wow I'm having a hard time finding my way around this builitin
I wish it was more user friendly, if I was a programmer!
I thought I posted in a new member section but apparently I over posted an excerpt from one of my stories, and I cant seem to get back to it in there. I attempted to  modifying it--removing my text for my story Light, but I could not navigate my way back after my first failed attempt to delete it.  Help "HALP" In trying to contact a moderator I get an error  message saying my email is incorrect :( I will half to find another way to send this message to you
#1 - September 25, 2017, 01:29 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
I found it again in another brouser, and left another message with the moderator there, I want to remove the post.
#2 - September 25, 2017, 01:32 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Karen, looks like your post has been removed, so you are good.

This board is huge so hang in there. It can get frustrating for a new person to find their way around. The colors should help you navigate. The blue areas are open to all registered members and the green SCBWI areas are only for SCBWI members. You can ask for critique in either area, but pick one and don't double post, that way your replies are all in one place.

If you want to find your way back to something you posted, go to your profile and click on posts. From there you can click on the post you want to check.

I think there's something wrong with the contact moderator button, so you did the right thing to post a new topic. I hope this helps. Vijaya
#3 - September 25, 2017, 05:05 PM
TEN EASTER EGGS (Cartwheel/Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 40 books and 60 magazine pieces

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Yes, I spent most of the day surfing the site, I'm getting the hang of it :) thanks Vijaya
#4 - September 25, 2017, 05:13 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Moderator
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
Welcome, Karen. It's a lot to take in, but you will get the hang of it, I promise.
#5 - September 25, 2017, 09:43 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
Welcome Karen and yes, it's just a matter of time and getting used to the site, all boards/forums are different:)
Do spend time exploring each of the forums on the Board and while on them DO read the rules for each (they vary depending on the forum) Read the sticky's too (they are at the top of each forum and bolded). This all really helps in posting, replying and in getting the most out of the BB's:)
#6 - September 26, 2017, 04:18 AM
"Penelope and the Humongous Burp"
"Penelope and the Monsters"
"Penelope and the Preposterous Birthday Party"

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
New!
Welcome Karen and yes, it's just a matter of time and getting used to the site, all boards/forums are different:)
Do spend time exploring each of the forums on the Board and while on them DO read the rules for each (they vary depending on the forum) Read the sticky's too (they are at the top of each forum and bolded). This all really helps in posting, replying and in getting the most out of the BB's:)

Thanks for the tips Chris and Debbie, I started out reading the board rules and then got a bit overwhelmed trying to navigate I'm sure I had 14 windows open to the site at one time so I wouldn't loose something I was reading if I wanted to re-read it later-- I'm already feeling better being here, I did have a wonky dream last night about going into a theater where there was to be a children's book lecture and I couldn't find a way to easily get to a seat, there were no isle ways!  I crawled over seats at one point till I found one, so if this is any kind of analogy to my coming to this place it's a pretty funny one and seems to fit, sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.  I'm very excited to meet people and have already gotten some responses from critique groups for YA novels and PB-- it cant get any better than that can it?  Happy Dance!! :dogwalk :bbqgirl :dragonchase   off to work on a new PB idea called Ten Frogs on a Lillie Pad-- then 1000 words on my YA Novel if all goes well- first draught by Sept 29th-- bless you all for helping :) 
#7 - September 26, 2017, 03:06 PM
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:01 AM by dinalapomy101 »

Members: