SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

For The Love Of Other Stuff?

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ireland
I met with Colleen, the Irish Regional Advisor this morning and my blog post for November has been approved. Then we discussed what I might concentrate on the Other Stuff board. So I guess my question is when you are browsing through the Blueboards and notice other stuff, why do you stop there?
Thanks.
#1 - December 02, 2017, 07:39 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region iowa
Typically things that catch my eye have specific titles that reflect the content. So "editors" wouldn't snag me as quickly as "Editor retired before pub." And topics that will help me learn about the business, even if they're not targeted to what I write. I don't write PBs, but I stopped by a thread once on how to lay out PBs and it was really interesting. So I guess concrete information with a clear title is likely to grab me.

Or, obviously, any juicy gossip. :popcorn
#2 - December 02, 2017, 08:53 AM
Learning to Swear in America (Bloomsbury, July 2016)
What Goes Up (Bloomsbury, 2017)
Twitter: KatieWritesBks

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Moderator
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
If by "other stuff" you mean the off these topic boards, honestly, if I weren't a mod I wouldn't stop. I look for stuff that will teach me something or where I might be able to help someone else, but I'm also conscious of time. As a mod, I'm obligated to make sure everything is going smoothly, so I'll glance at any board with new posts. I write in many categories, so all of the writing, craft, legal, etc, were places to check regularly before.

I suppose something about chocolate might have gotten me to stop in the past too, but I'm not certain about that.
#3 - December 02, 2017, 08:37 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
If the topic of the title peaks my interest I'll have a look even though it's not kidlit related. Part curiousity/part being interested in connecting with like-minded people even in off-topic conversations.
#4 - December 04, 2017, 05:35 AM

Members: