SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Seeking Internship/Indepedent Study Supervisor

Discussion started on

Hello everyone! I have a bit of an unusual request: I’m a children’s literature major at my university, and I’m looking for an author/writer to supervise a senior-year practicum that I’ve been developing.

It’s a craft-based exploration of how death and dying are written about in contemporary middle-grade literature. I’ll be working with texts from Neil Gaiman, Patrick Ness, Katherine Paterson, and others!

The practicum would run through the months of February and March, and I’ll give you all the resources you need. You could be as involved or as hands-off as you’d like. I’m reaching out here because a policy-related technicality prevented my original supervisor (my professor, who’s also my academic advisor) from working with me.

If anyone would be interested in working with me, I’d love to tell you more about myself, my degree, and the practicum work I’ll be doing!
#1 - January 03, 2018, 06:01 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
Wow, Caleb. Sounds fascinating. I'm a PB girl, but I hope you find someone perfect to work with.
#2 - January 04, 2018, 05:01 AM
PRUDENCE, THE PART-TIME COW, A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK, IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, BUSY BUS!, EMERGENCY KITTENS!
Twitter @jodywrites4kids

Members: