SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Help with Headers

Discussion started on

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
I've gone into my manuscript and put in the proper header. But when I printed it out on Saturday, none of it printed out???
#1 - February 12, 2018, 04:59 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
Did you try closing out of Word, or whatever word processing program you use? Closing your document and reopening it?
#2 - February 12, 2018, 05:09 AM
PRUDENCE, THE PART-TIME COW, A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK, IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, BUSY BUS!, THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLED
Twitter @jodywrites4kids

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Yeah. I did, weeks ago, believing it was set.   :werd
#3 - February 12, 2018, 05:17 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region houston
Sounds like it just didn't save for some reason. Open you ms and make sure the header is there, then print out a couple of pages to check.  Try changing the font color just to make sure it didn't get set to white.
#4 - February 12, 2018, 05:38 AM
http://www.vonnacarter.com
Book Friends Bookshop
KidLit Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
twitter @VonnaCarter

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Will do, and thanks. I've had so many problems with either this computer or WORD. Not sure which it is. Originally with this manuscript and sent it to the requesting agent, I sent it with a loud blue background, and white print, though it looked fine on my computer. Horrified!!!
#5 - February 12, 2018, 06:35 AM

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region switzerland
Sometimes headers/footers will not print because they are beyond the margins of the printable page. Check in Page Preview mode to be sure there are completely there. If they appear there, they should appear in the printed pages.  If they do not, check all your margins and the "gutter"; it may be helpful to switch page views when you do so. 
#6 - April 06, 2018, 04:24 AM

Members: