SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Re: Bumples

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region mddewv
Is Bumples Magazine still in business?  The copyright on their website shows 2009-2015.  It seems very out of date.
#1 - May 02, 2018, 05:12 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Hi Hopeful,

Yes, I they are still in business because I recently have gotten several issues in my inbox. The last one was for Easter.

I think Jennifer Sheehan has changed her email though since it appears to be different in the email I received. PM me if you'd like the one I have.
#2 - May 02, 2018, 07:01 PM
'Vehicle Dreams Series' Running Press Kids
Race Car Dreams 2016
Bulldozer Dreams 2017
Fire Truck Dreams 2018
The Sparrow and The Trees- Arbordale 2015

I was sort of wondering this too. I had a poem appear in an issue back in the fall and have yet to see any payment for it.
#3 - May 04, 2018, 10:24 AM

Has anyone sent them anything recently? 

Mid-April, I sent bumples an animal story  about an owl, but I haven't received any e-mails about it. 
#4 - May 30, 2018, 05:02 PM

Still haven't received anything about that owl story I sent to Bumples after inquiring on the website with their contact page a couple weeks ago. 

Oh, Schriscoe what do you mean by a different e-mail in your post above?  I had trouble trying to PM you.

#5 - July 31, 2018, 04:55 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I got an email from Jennifer  ten days ago addressed to  Kids, Subscribers and Authors. She was apologizing in it. She's been sick. She also realizes the Bumples website needs to be revamped because it doesn't work right on tablets. And she was also publishing three books. She was overwhelmed, but hoping to get the website reprogrammed in August, and then be back up running in September.

She didn't mention the lack of payment problem, but I think that's been a problem for a while. She did say the cost of running the magazine on the web with all the different programs is high.
#6 - July 31, 2018, 06:58 PM

Thanks for letting me know Ev  that Jennifer - is busy.   I was trying to find out if the story sent was received, read, or a decision made, which I think does show that you're a responsible person to respond to an e-mail no matter how busy one is.
#7 - August 01, 2018, 04:03 PM

Still not a word from Jennifer Sheehan.  Has anyone else submitted to Bumples?

The only thing I know to do is to wait a little while longer and try to contact her again on the Bumples website about the Owl story that I sent in April of this year 2018.
#8 - August 10, 2018, 03:51 PM
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:50 AM by onestepp »

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
Nudging after a year is not unreasonable. But I'd wait until the website reappears.
#9 - August 10, 2018, 08:53 PM
Twitter: @dvilardi1

Sorry for the typo:  I meant April of this year 2018, and thanks for the encouraging post.
#10 - August 11, 2018, 11:56 AM

Members: