SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

NYC Hotels

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
We're planning a trip to NYC this summer.   We're looking for reasonably priced hotels close to the Museum of Natural History area.  Looking to explore Central Park and we'll see what else!  We've been on day trips to nyc but this will be our first overnight.   I'd appreciate any hotel recommendations you may have. Thanks for any tips!

Sue
#1 - May 26, 2018, 12:49 PM
FAIRIES, Focus Readers, North Star Editions, 2018
GET OUTSIDE IN WINTER, Focus Readers, Jan.  2019
GET OUTSIDE IN SPRING, Focus Readers, Jan.  2019

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
Broaden your search to anything not too far of a subway ride from there. I once stayed at the Marriott Marquis. It was a good hotel for the price. You may find pricing varies by area in the city as well as by class of hotel (brand). Your favorite brand will be a good bet.
#2 - May 28, 2018, 09:15 PM
Twitter: @dvilardi1

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sfnortheastbay
The Lucerne is good, and not too far. (Walking distance.) But it is not super cheap. The Hudson (off Columbus Circle) is walking distance  not quite as close, but inexpensive though funky. I stayed there when visiting my Juilliard student daughter and always liked it.  The "arty" types like it.
There are also Youth Hostels my son has stayed at that have private rooms and are not just for youth. He always liked them (mostly the $ which can't be beat) but I can't personally vouch for them and don't know if it's anything like what you were thinking.

Anyone's experience is limited and shaped by their sensibilities. There are many options very close to the museum or many more, as Debbie suggested, within an easy subway ride.
#3 - May 29, 2018, 09:29 AM
THE VOICE OF THUNDER, WiDo Publishing Aug 2012
THERE'S A TURKEY AT THE DOOR, Hometown520 July 2011

www.mirkabreen.com
http://mirkabreen.BlogSpot.com

Members: