SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Picture-book to be re-published

Discussion started on

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
Hello, A picture book I Illustrated will be republished/reprinted by another publisher after being OP for a few years - anybody else ever have a book republished? I would like to compare notes. Thanks, Ellen B.
#1 - November 15, 2018, 11:11 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
I'm looking to do so, Ellen. How did you approach the new publisher? Will there be any changes made to the text, illustrations, or cover?
#2 - November 16, 2018, 08:43 AM
DUCKWORTH, THE DIFFICULT CHILD (Atheneum, 2019)
INCOGNOLIO (Janx Press, 2017)
CRASHING EDEN  (Solstice, 2012)
OTTO GROWS DOWN (Sterling, 2009)

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
Hi there,
The publisher was approached by the author (I am the illustrator). There are no changes to content however the contract terms have changed naturally as the situation is different (art already exists etc). I'm looking for help with contract. Regarding finding a new publisher, our book was originally published mainstream and then pulled when the firm merged; the new publisher is a state historical society press, regionally important to the content. Hope that is of some help. Oh - I should add that when the author and I received our rights back we were informed that the typesetting on the text "belonged" to the original publisher so in other words all text had to be re-set including that on the cover. No biggie but some extra work. Ellen
#3 - November 16, 2018, 10:04 AM

Members: