SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Responding to acceptance? (Cricket Media)

Discussion started on

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
I just received an acceptance from Spider on a piece of short fiction for a themed issue. The acceptance came as an email through Submittable. It explained how much I would be paid, and then the letter said that if I find the terms acceptable, I should send a signed copy of this letter over email, indicating my acceptance.

The problem is that there was no letter attached. Do they mean that I should print out the actual email and sign it/send it back? Also, I have the name of the editor, but they didn't say to which email I should send the acceptance -- do I search for her email online, or do I respond to the submittable email?

Thanks for your help!
#1 - December 04, 2018, 05:30 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Kelsey, congratulations on the acceptance!!! Yes, print out the letter, sign it, scan it, and... I'm puzzled that you don't have an email to send it to. Call their offices and find out what's the procedure. Here's their #: (703) 885-3400   I didn't know they're in VA. They used to be in Chicago. But it's been years since I've submitted anything to them, so I don't know how they handle acceptances. I hope someone else with recent experience will chime in. In any case :congratulations and let us know when your piece will be printed.
#2 - December 04, 2018, 08:00 AM
BOUND (Bodach Books, 2018)
TEN EASTER EGGS (Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

Hey Kelsey,

In my recent dealings with Spider you can return the signed document as a reply to the email you got with an attachment.

Congratz on the sale!

Carrie
#3 - December 07, 2018, 06:53 AM
Thomas Jefferson & the Mammoth Hunt 2018
Dumpling Dreams, 2017
Magic for Sale,  2017
Pia Piratissima 2014
Victricia Malicia, 2012

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ohiocensouth
Hey Kelsey,

In my recent dealings with Spider you can return the signed document as a reply to the email you got with an attachment.

Congratz on the sale!

Carrie

Yes, that’s what I’ve done too—and the editorial office is still in Chicago.

Congratulations!!

#4 - December 08, 2018, 07:21 PM

Members: