Fun for Kidz has new themes listed!
#1 - March 12, 2019, 04:14 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Thanks, Cindy!

Here's a link to the theme list so it's easy for everyone to find.

http://funforkidzmagazines.com/writers
#2 - March 13, 2019, 02:04 AM
Vehicle Dreams Series-RPKids '16 -'18
(Fire Truck, Bulldozer, Race Car)
Rainy Day Picnic-Read Your Story '18
The Sparrow and The Trees- Arbordale '15

I recently received a letter from Fun For Kidz requesting 'perpetual, non-exclusive reprint rights' for my material published w/them.  The letter states they'll compensate $50 for each time they re-print it.

I have a rebus story with Hopscotch for Girls and I was happy to let them re-publish it if the opportunity arises.

Anyone else?
#3 - April 22, 2019, 05:34 PM
2019 Books: PRECIOUS BABY &  BEEP! BEEP! SPECIAL DELIVERY & HUGGLE WUGGLE, BEDTIME SNUGGLE
+ more in 2020

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
I got the same email about 2 or 3 weeks ago. . . .I've had two NF articles published with them in 2013 and 2016. I wouldn't mind getting a little bit more for them! :-)
#4 - April 22, 2019, 05:59 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I've had several of my puzzles reprinted with them over the years. The first time, they paid me nothing for the reprint. After that, when they asked for permission to reprint, I always said in my response that I assumed they would be paying me.  They have paid ever since, so I think that first time was just an oversight on their part.

The folks at Fun for Kidz are really nice people and I've appreciated getting to work with them.
#5 - April 22, 2019, 06:15 PM

Poster Plus
Yes, I've had them reprint some of my things, and the pay was not as high as $50 so I signed up.
#6 - April 23, 2019, 01:55 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Same here.
#7 - April 23, 2019, 03:18 PM
BOUND (Bodach Books, 2018)
TEN EASTER EGGS (Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Thank you so much for posting about the letter!   I had not received this letter then I recalled I used an old email address for my correspondence with Fun For Kidz and it has been quite awhile since we've corresponded. I searched my old email and saw that I received the letter as well.   

Thanks so much!
Sue
#8 - April 24, 2019, 02:45 PM
FAIRIES, Focus Readers, North Star Editions, 2018
GET OUTSIDE IN WINTER, Focus Readers, Jan.  2019
GET OUTSIDE IN SPRING, Focus Readers, Jan.  2019

Thank you so much for posting about the letter!   I had not received this letter then I recalled I used an old email address for my correspondence with Fun For Kidz and it has been quite awhile since we've corresponded. I searched my old email and saw that I received the letter as well.   

Thanks so much!
Sue

Sue, I'm glad it helped you! :)

Della
#9 - April 24, 2019, 07:22 PM
2019 Books: PRECIOUS BABY &  BEEP! BEEP! SPECIAL DELIVERY & HUGGLE WUGGLE, BEDTIME SNUGGLE
+ more in 2020

Thanks for sharing the new themes. I was just wondering when is the deadline for each theme? Is it the month written next to it, or three months before that?
Sorry if this is a stupid question. and thanks for answering anyway. :)
#10 - May 02, 2019, 09:09 AM
MA in creative writing. Author of upper middle-grade novel and chocoholic and SCBWI member

Poster Plus
Marie-  the month next to it is when they are printing that theme, so you would need to get it there at least a month or two before.
#11 - May 02, 2019, 11:36 AM

Thanks, Cindyb. This is very helpful and will help planning if I decide to submit anything
#12 - May 02, 2019, 01:26 PM
MA in creative writing. Author of upper middle-grade novel and chocoholic and SCBWI member

Marie - I would add that if you have a piece that might be a good fit for one of their themes, don't delay. They do fill up.   :goodluck

Della
#13 - May 02, 2019, 06:45 PM
+ more in 2020

oh, that's good to know ! Thanks.
#14 - May 02, 2019, 10:51 PM

Members: