SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

July Writing Class in Millbrook, NY

Discussion started on

www.DellaRossFerreri.com
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region easternny
I'd like to spread the word that my writer friend, Karen Kaufman Orloff, and I are offering a writing class  this month. It's an in-dpeth version of our shorter library program, The ABCs of Writing for Children.

The four sessions are: 7/23, 7/25, 7/30, 8/1 (Tuesdays and Thursdays) from 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. at Merritt Bookstore in Millbrook, NY.

Some of the highlights of the class include: brainstorming and narrowing down marketable ideas, structuring your story, creating memorable characters, writing in different formats including the difference between a picture book vs magazine story), writing in rhyme, re-working first drafts and revision techniques. We also cover the business side of how to submit to publishers and what to do when you get an offer (besides celebrate!) During the last class, we'll spend time critiquing manuscrripts (manuscripts that you've previously started or that you'll begin during the first class.)

We ask you to bring a brown bag lunch each day so we can take a lunch break, have an informal Q&A and talk all things kid lit!

The cost is $185. Please message me for more information or if you have any questions! You can also email me at dellrf@yahoo.com

Happy writing!  :writing3

Della
#1 - July 05, 2019, 08:30 AM
2019 Books: PRECIOUS BABY &  BEEP! BEEP! SPECIAL DELIVERY & HUGGLE WUGGLE, BEDTIME SNUGGLE
+ more in 2020

www.DellaRossFerreri.com
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region easternny
Update: We have a handful of participants already, but will cut off at ten to keep the group small.

Also, if you want to know more about me or Karen, here are links to our web sites:

http://www.dellarossferreri.com/

http://www.karenkaufmanorloff.com/

Again, feel free to email with any questions.   dellrf@yahoo.com

Happy Writing!  :writing3

Della

#2 - July 07, 2019, 08:43 AM
2019 Books: PRECIOUS BABY &  BEEP! BEEP! SPECIAL DELIVERY & HUGGLE WUGGLE, BEDTIME SNUGGLE
+ more in 2020

Members: