SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Rutgers 2019

Discussion started on

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sfsouth
I have just found out I have been accepted into Rutgers one on one conference and I am both delighted and very nervous. The nerves are because I live in California and have to get myself over to the other side of the country on my own! So I'm looking for some travel advice from anyone that has been before - best airport to go to? Transport from airport to conference? Best hotel to stay in? Also will any other blueboarders be there?!
Thanks
Sian
 :flowers2
#1 - August 24, 2019, 12:50 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newjersey
If you haven't already done so, you might want to join the  RUCCL2019 INFO facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/586018428549967/ The closest airport is Newark Liberty. Oh, and congratulations on getting in.
#2 - August 25, 2019, 05:14 AM
Laurie Wallmark
lauriewallmark.com
Hedy Lamarr's Double Life
Grace Hopper: Queen of Computer Code
Ada Byron Lovelace and the Thinking Machin

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sfsouth
Thank you for the heads up on the facebook group - I am not a member so will definitely sign up  :thankyou
#3 - August 25, 2019, 02:06 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
I also got in. I'm in NY so I'm driving and can't offer advice on travel except to say Newark is a major airport so flights shouldn't be an issue. The website for Rutgers does have some info on hotels as I recall. Say hi if you see me and remind me you're a Blueboarder. I look just like my picture.
#4 - August 26, 2019, 06:36 PM
Twitter: @dvilardi1

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sfsouth
Hi Debbie - I wish I was close enough to drive! I will definitely come and say hi when I see you - look forward to meeting you :)
Sian
#5 - August 27, 2019, 01:57 PM

Members: