SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

For Better or For Worse reruns

Discussion started on

Books for Kids and Teens
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
So. the For Better or For Worse comic is going through repeats and the latest story line is about Elly being pregnant with a third child. I have NO recollection of this story line. Was it in the original strip, or is Lynn Johnston adding a new story line?

#1 - September 20, 2019, 05:25 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region westcentny
I remember her being pregnant, but do you mean with April? The kids are Michael, Elizabeth, and April (I just Googled)...if there is ANOTHER pregnancy, then no, I don't recall either!
#2 - September 21, 2019, 05:05 AM
BLACKOUT -- available now
DESERTED -- available now
SISTERS DON'T TELL -- available now
www.deenalipomi.com

Books for Kids and Teens
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
I remember her being pregnant, but do you mean with April? The kids are Michael, Elizabeth, and April (I just Googled)...if there is ANOTHER pregnancy, then no, I don't recall either!

Wow, I guess it's been a long time--I don't remember April! Just Liz and Mike!
#3 - September 21, 2019, 08:08 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
I remember Elly being pregnant with April in the original strip. :old April was a teenager when the original strip ended. Lynn Johnston always aged the kids in the strip pretty fast.

LJ's art caught my eye before the FBoFW strip even began to run, so I always followed it with interest, but once the original strip ended with Liz's marriage, I considered it done.
#4 - September 21, 2019, 11:28 AM
Adventures of Jenna V. Series
Caroline Grade Mysteries
The Journey of Emilie
Anne Bradstreet: America's Puritan Poet
www.marciahoehne.com

Books for Kids and Teens
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
I think I was so wrapped up in the stories of Liz & Anthony and Michael & Deanna, and Mike's writing and getting published, at the end, that I guess I just blotted April out of my mind or something.  :)

I remember Farley and the near drowning of the daughter, but thought it was Liz.
#5 - September 21, 2019, 12:34 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wisconsin
and Mike's writing and getting published

This spawned a GIGANTIC off-topic thread on these boards that ran for pages, way back in the day. Mike typed his first novel in the attic, sent it to one publisher, and got a surprise check in the mail for $25K. That plot point got absolutely *roasted* here. Of course, this was precisely because the comic strip had so many faithful fans.
#6 - September 21, 2019, 02:14 PM
Adventures of Jenna V. Series
Caroline Grade Mysteries
The Journey of Emilie
Anne Bradstreet: America's Puritan Poet
www.marciahoehne.com

Books for Kids and Teens
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
This spawned a GIGANTIC off-topic thread on these boards that ran for pages, way back in the day. Mike typed his first novel in the attic, sent it to one publisher, and got a surprise check in the mail for $25K. That plot point got absolutely *roasted* here. Of course, this was precisely because the comic strip had so many faithful fans.

LOL! Yes, that really was a fictional plot! :D
#7 - September 21, 2019, 02:52 PM

Members: